Ordered a Rega RP3

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Finally I ordered myself a Rega RP3 with the Elys 2 cartridge in 'Cool Grey'. Can't wait, but my dealer said that currently Rega's turntables sell like crazy.

Oh well, those last weeks I'll survive :)

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
He told me that the RP1 is very difficult to get (importer for benelux was all out), and for the RP3 he didn't know.

Maybe one week :)

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Think I'm gonna get mine with an Ortfofon 2m Red as heard to better than the Elys 2 and you can also replace the stylus on the Ortofon

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Good choice!!!

I wanted mine in white as well but my dealer only had in dark grey to deliver, maybe next year i will upgrade mine with a TTPSU and a white gloss plinth... Oooooh

don't you guys forget about the photos!

:cheers:

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
spockfish said:
Finally I ordered myself a Rega RP3 with the Elys 2 cartridge in 'Cool Grey'. Can't wait, but my dealer said that currently Rega's turntables sell like crazy.

Oh well, those last weeks I'll survive :)

Didn't arrive yet...?

best REGArds

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope. My dealer called me today to inform me that "building was completed, now it needs to be tested and shipped"

Big smile there. The idea that I bought someting that is put together largely by skilled people in stead of a big automated process gives it the additional 'feel' of buying something special :D

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yessssss!!!

It has arrived. Setting it up took some time, but now I'm listening to Pearl Jam's Ten Remastered 180 gram,s....

Big smile :)

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
spockfish said:
Yessssss!!!

It has arrived. Setting it up took some time, but now I'm listening to Pearl Jam's Ten Remastered 180 gram,s....

Big smile :)

PHOTOOOOOOOOOS !!!! :cheer: :grin:

Now our sigs will be almoust identical... 8)

i'm addict to vinyl now, the SBT is used rarely, i'm buying second hand vinyl like a maniac, bought 100 records since new years day... ;)

Enjoy it !!!

Best REGArds

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Grrrrrr................still waiting for my white RP3 with Ortofon Red 2M - should be any day now!

I love vinyl, I too am buying it like crazy......all second hand....only bought one new LP Adele - 21. I get the odd LP thats full of pops n' crackles but mainly they all sound lovely.

I Still listen to my Rega DAC though and both sources - digital & analouge sound superb!

Seems we all have very similar systems albeit different speakers!!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Spockfish,

What do you think of the Chord Odyssey 2? I have been demoing some Graham Slee Spatia for the last few weeks, i swapped back to my SilverScreen and guess what - the Chord sounded better too me - just wondering if a the Odyssey 2 is a measurable upgrade from the SilverScreen.

Thanks

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Grrrrrr................still waiting for my white RP3 with Ortofon Red 2M - should be any day now!

I love vinyl, I too am buying it like crazy......all second hand....only bought one new LP Adele - 21. I get the odd LP thats full of pops n' crackles but mainly they all sound lovely.

I Still listen to my Rega DAC though and both sources - digital & analouge sound superb!

Seems we all have very similar systems albeit different speakers!!

My Rega dealer has a cleaning machine from Clearaudio, and man, is night and day difference in sound quality, all the static and almoust all the pops go away! And i pay 3,5 € per record with a new inner sleeve of hight quality, from mofi.

The only new albums that i've bought are from Diana Krall.

Best REGArds

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
My nearest decent hifi shop (Cymbiosis) has this service too and they give you a new anti static sleeve so I am going to et some cleaned!

What Diana Krall album did you get?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
stevebrock said:
My nearest decent hifi shop (Cymbiosis) has this service too and they give you a new anti static sleeve so I am going to et some cleaned!

What Diana Krall album did you get?

Doing All Right ( this was a christmas gift from my wife, this record as a bad sound quality, compared to the other albums)

and

The Very Best Of ( this is a hight sound quality album)

The next ones i'm going to get from Diana Krall are, All For You and when I Look Into Your Eyes from ORG.

stevebrock said:
Spockfish,

What do you think of the Chord Odyssey 2? I have been demoing some Graham Slee Spatia for the last few weeks, i swapped back to my SilverScreen and guess what - the Chord sounded better too me - just wondering if a the Odyssey 2 is a measurable upgrade from the SilverScreen.

Thanks

I have both. The Odyssey is clearly a better cable than the SilverScreen, but not chasms. The odyssey produces a cleaner midrange and a springy or lively treble; the bass is bigger but tighter.

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Here it is:

20130214_211430+%281%29.jpg

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

To be honest: I really don't know :) of course the best answer would be that you should listen them both. At least for me the Silverscreen seemed to be a little bit too bright.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
YES YES YES!!!!

My white RP3 has arrived I cant collect it until wednesaday though...........so excited!

However I have gone for the Elys 2 cartridge now as apparently you have to have the dust lid open with the 2M red!

Spockfish - How are you getting on with yours - does ot sound good?

TRENDING THREADS