OPPO BDP-93EU worth the upgrade from sony s370 ?

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
as topic really ........is the oppo that much of a better player than my trusty sony s370 ? i do use the sony online functions .. which are missing from the oppo ... i-player mostly

i have a few sacd and 2 dvd audio ...the oppo looks tempting .. but the iplayer lack of support is putting me off ....someone justify it to me please :D

A

Anonymous

I'd be interested in anybody's thoughts on this subject, I have a 570 (not much difference from the 370) and I'm thinking of the same upgrade, or the new pioneer LX55 when available.

def lugs

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
A friend has the 370 connected to a samsung 46u8000 - i took around my 93 and he was impressed visually at the detail level improvement. SACD and DVD-A sound great but using the CD I still prefer the output running through my external DAC.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
TALON1973 said:
.. but the iplayer lack of support is putting me off ....someone justify it to me please :D

Get one of these to go with the Oppo...

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/usb-media-players/smp-n100

...or keep your S370 just for iPlayer duties (and as a spare player in case the Oppo ever has a problem.)

Or buy a Sony Bravia TV television that has iPlayer or a (2011 model) Panasonic TV that should have iPlayer. (Check first. You never know with Panasonic. It might be dependent on using Freesat HD.)

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
well i do have a br player in my pc so thats not an issue.....i suppose i coudl use the pc for iplayer duties as well ... i should add my panny 720p plasma also acts as my monitor.

i'm considering sapping tv's , even tho this one is only 2 years old ... ive canget the top of the range panasonic lcd 2009 37" model in local panny dealer for £600 ( it was £1300 when first out ) which has iplayer support.. but i can only do one thing at a tiem due to money constarints ... its either player or tv for now

TRENDING THREADS