Oppo BDP-93EU - Official European player??

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

bigboss:

1. The Oppo 95, by the looks of it, is a direct replacement to the 83SE. Let's see if it ever makes it this way.

2. Any news of the 93 being made multiregion for DVDs, and possibly blu-rays?

1. be patient
emotion-5.gif

2. same as above
emotion-17.gif

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
Yes, as I mentioned on one of those very threads, we'll try and get one for review. Looks like it'll be available early January, so we'll get onto it then. Looking forward to it!

What is mentioned here [edited by mods to remove link to defamatory site] is false then you will be getting the oppo 93 for a review ?

v1c:Clare Newsome:

Yes, as I mentioned on one of those very threads, we'll try and get one for review. Looks like it'll be available early January, so we'll get onto it then. Looking forward to it!

What is mentioned here [edited by mods to remove link to defamatory site] is false then you will be getting the oppo 93 for a review ?

Of course it's all rubbish.[edited by mods for same reason as above]http://ehdmi.co.uk/about/

There are only 5 editors with no background or credentials. Even you can become one!

A

Anonymous

bigboss:So,

1) Oppo 93 is multiregion for DVDs out of the box.

not really BB, we have to make them DVD region free for you if you require it, so technically it isn`t but it could be
emotion-2.gif

bigboss:2) There are plans for Oppo 95 to be launched in UK (according to Ideal AV website)

correctamundo

bigboss:3) It is now possible to easily modify the Oppo 93 to make it zone free for blu-rays!

as yet we are still awaiting mod kits to be produced/tested before committing ourselves to offering these units, we are told at least 2-3 weeks unless you tell me different

I`ll try to keep you all informed as and when more info trickles through

EDITED BY MODS to clarify who's saying what.

albriscoe:

not really BB, we have to make them DVD region free for you if you require it, so technically it isn`t but it could be
emotion-2.gif

Ah....ok.

as yet we are still awaiting mod kits to be produced/tested before committing ourselves to offering these units, we are told at least 2-3 weeks unless you tell me different

Yes, 26th Jan, according to the website.

I'm quite interested in this player as I have a collection of VCDs which my Panasonic BD60 doesn't play. I'm thinking of buying this player when funds allow.

I don't live very far from your shop. I'll contact you in a few weeks to arrange a demo.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

bigboss:
The Oppo 95, by the looks of it, is a direct replacement to the 83SE. Let's see if it ever makes it this way?

It's here
emotion-2.gif
. Check out Oppo's UIK site.

A

Anonymous

c0pperhead:bigboss:

The Oppo 95, by the looks of it, is a direct replacement to the 83SE. Let's see if it ever makes it this way?

It's here
emotion-2.gif
. Check out Oppo's UK site.

"Oh no its not"

"Oh yes it is"

"Oh no its.........................panto season nearly over
emotion-2.gif

the advertising is here and has been since last year, but as yet no machines are available and won`t be for a month or maybe two or three or four..............

meanwhile i`m gonna be testing the new mod kit asap on the BDP-93`s for compatability and will report back if i`m allowed to

cheers Al

A

Anonymous

Andrew

I wasn`t trying to be fececious (have I spelt that right) or underminding your position or anyones for that matter

its just that I don`t read the house rules that often , yes I know I should, so i`m simply trying to help out the people who would like to know the correct information.

if i`m doing wrong by asking if i`m allowed to then sorry

Al
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi Al

House rules are there to be broken sorry read!
emotion-1.gif

I'm sure in the interests of freedom of information we would be more than pleased of your input thanks..

PS ....Facetious!!

A

Anonymous

Obviously a futile attempt at humour

Suitably scalded thankyou.

Ruler re-read can't find any point that I may have infringed however

Ho-hum
emotion-8.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I must admit, after reading the Oppo 95 spec im very interested. It might even replace my Arcam CD32 cd player??

Still, weve been here before. WILL they release them in the uk this time?

Oppo managed to release the 93 on time as promised. They seem to be doing something right this time (changed the distributor?). There's every reason for me to believe that the 95 will eventually come, hopefully this summer.

A

Anonymous

bigboss:Oppo managed to release the 93 on time as promised. They seem to be doing something right this time (changed the distributor?). There's every reason for me to believe that the 95 will eventually come, hopefully this summer.

late march (springs) sorry, to mind for the 95, but until I hear something definate thats a guesstimate

and all those waiting for the mod kits for the 93, 1 month and counting and nothing released until full testing has been carried out

cheers Al

A

Anonymous

check this link for a review of the 93, its in french but if you view in google chrome it translates it for you

[Or rather don't, as it contravenes House Rules - MODS]

A

Anonymous

I live in Holland and I own an Oppo 93EU since last monday, its a beaut, looks good, feels good and it is good.

Boys & Girls that live in the UK and want one...............dream on
emotion-2.gif
emotion-2.gif
(joke)

Stevefilmfreak:
I live in Holland and I own an Oppo 93EU since last monday, its a beaut, looks good, feels good and it is good.

Boys & Girls that live in the UK and want one...............dream on
emotion-2.gif
emotion-2.gif
(joke)

What do you mean? The Oppo has been available in UK since 4th Jan. Oppo's distributor for EU is based in UK.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts