Oppo BDP-831 or Pioneer BDP-LX71??

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Sorry about that Clare
emotion-5.gif

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:....... then at least take the bother to spell my name correctly.

LOL - How many ppl do that Clare, I know I was guilty of it some time ago, may be you need to add a bit in your signature as well just to reinforce the spelling! I also not Gel's started a new thread with the products mentioned....

Will Harris:Ian_S:It's OK, Will is now looking for a Sony BDP-S350.
emotion-2.gif

Yup, I'm a Sony S350 man through and through! Can't believe Oppo sited "Language Barrier" as an issue. For goodness sake, can we not manage to speak American on occasion over here??? LOL.

That was very interesting Will! Very interesting results!!! I'm glad that I spent only £160 on my Panasonic player........I'm quite happy with it. If only gel had the humility like you...........this forum would become very boring indeed!!
emotion-5.gif

Andrew Everard:

gel: By the way good first post Ibber that's one way to bring down the Oppo- Ha Ha

jel, are you drink? Or just crockers?

At the beginning of the thread, gel honestly said he didn't know much about the Oppo, but ever since Will said that the LX71 is not worth the money, gel considers Oppo as the arch enemy of his beloved Pioneer, & has been attacking Oppo ever since!
emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Hey if you are going to insult me Andrew can you at least spell my name right - Gel.

Am i drink are you drink?

A

Anonymous

Will Harris:This is like a surreal moment from "Sexy Beast". Awesome film.

Is that the one with Gandhi in? Jonathan Glazer is a legend.

A

Anonymous

NayTyson:
Will Harris:This is like a surreal moment from "Sexy Beast". Awesome film.

Is that the one with Gandhi in? Jonathan Glazer is a legend.

Yes, Sir Ben Kingsley as a total Jekyll & Hyde. Outstanding performance.

A

Anonymous

As its now impossible to get the Oppo BDP-831 (unless you offer Andrew £10k for his) is this thread now pointless?

A

Anonymous

I thought there was something fishy about the whole "we-can't-get-our-website-to-work" faffery. Whole things a bit odd IMO, I mean how hard is it to stick a "1" on the badge and change a few components (lines of code?) to effect regional changes?

Any thoughts on the real reason? Trouble securing credit to fund the release, or perhaps hollywood got snotty about the players highly-touted region free abilities and threatened HDMI licensing withdrawal?

Anyway, moving onwards, when are the new yamaha blu-rays up for test?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
unconditional:Any thoughts on the real reason? Trouble securing credit to fund the release, or perhaps hollywood got snotty about the players highly-touted region free abilities and threatened HDMI licensing withdrawal?

Nothing to suggest either scenario: unless you have evidence, please refrain from such speculation.

A

Anonymous

what a massively rubbish piece of news to come home to
emotion-6.gif
, with such a lame explanation to boot. Am extremely disappointed and let down. Bunch of &%$*%(^&"£$%"£!"'s

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Nothing to suggest either scenario: unless you have evidence, please refrain from such speculation.

Okay boss
emotion-10.gif

So, what was the real reason then...?

unconditional:Andrew Everard:

Okay boss
emotion-10.gif

So, what was the real reason then...?

Quote from Oppo's website:

"After careful evaluation of the resources available, it has been determined that the release of the OPPO BDP-831 Blu-ray Disc player in Europe will be postponed indefinitely. It is with sincere regret that we have to make this difficult decision. However, we feel that this is in the best interest of our customers and quality standards. Customer support and satisfaction are the cornerstones of OPPO, and with the currently available resources, unfortunately we will not be able to equally serve all our European customers with the release of the BDP-831. Language barriers, shipping constraints, and our ability to quickly, efficiently, and accurately support our valuable European customers undermine the quality standards expected of OPPO. We apologize to the customers who love and support OPPO all along and have been waiting for the release of BDP-831 patiently, and hope we can come back with better planning and resources in the future to serve our customers the best."

Forget all conspiracy theories & accept Oppo's reasons. Oppo didn't find it feasible to sell the player in Europe just as yet. They just didn't plan properly. Selling a product in Europe is not a mean task, especially for a relatively small company like Oppo (to adapt to the different European languages). Oppo is aware of all the hype & high expectations and wants to keep up to it when the player launches.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your healthy cynicism, bigboss, but in fact the main Oppo site is full of mobile phone models, with not even a mention of the DVD/BD players until you dig deep on the MP3/MP4 players subsite.

Kindly check facts before engaging attack mode...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts