Oppo BDP-831 or Pioneer BDP-LX71??

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

Thanks a lot for your advice. Are the Analogues on the Sony 760 a step-up from my Sammy 2500? I like to watch DVD Music quite a lot as well.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Is this a bad joke from http://www.oppostore.co.uk/?

After careful evaluation of the resources available, it has been determined that the release of the OPPO BDP-831 Blu-ray Disc player in Europe will be postponed indefinitely. It is with sincere regret that we have to make this difficult decision. However, we feel that this is in the best interest of our customers and quality standards. Customer support and satisfaction are the cornerstones of OPPO, and with the currently available resources, unfortunately we will not be able to equally serve all our European customers with the release of the BDP-831. Language barriers, shipping constraints, and our ability to quickly, efficiently, and accurately support our valuable European customers undermine the quality standards expected of OPPO. We apologize to the customers who love and support OPPO all along and have been waiting for the release of BDP-831 patiently, and hope we can come back with better planning and resources in the future to serve our customers the best.

OPPO

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Ibber:

After careful evaluation of the resources available, it has been determined that the release of the OPPO BDP-831 Blu-ray Disc player in Europe will be postponed indefinitely. It is with sincere regret that we have to make this difficult decision. However, we feel that this is in the best interest of our customers and quality standards. Customer support and satisfaction are the cornerstones of OPPO, and with the currently available resources, unfortunately we will not be able to equally serve all our European customers with the release of the BDP-831. Language barriers, shipping constraints, and our ability to quickly, efficiently, and accurately support our valuable European customers undermine the quality standards expected of OPPO. We apologize to the customers who love and support OPPO all along and have been waiting for the release of BDP-831 patiently, and hope we can come back with better planning and resources in the future to serve our customers the best.

OPPO

I have a 'forbidden to view this server' message now

I must admit I was kinda expecting something bad what with all the problems they appear to have had getting a simple website up and running

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Ibber:

OPPO
I dont see this message

A

Anonymous

If that's true then it's back to buying an 83 with region free mod from CRT Projectors
emotion-1.gif

At least they can be bought, even if it's not the UK version everyone's been waiting for and at a slightly higher price. Humph!

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy:Funny this person joined today to bring this news. HmmmI thought that strange. I could not think of a good reason for anyone to create that message as a hoax, but I guess you never know.

A

Anonymous

Sorry it's gone again, I'm 100% sure it was there for a short while, could be a hack...

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Ibber:Sorry it's gone again, I'm 100% sure it was there for a short while, could be a hack...True. If they were going to shut up shop, then putting up a simple HTML page is trivial.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
From http://www.oppostore.co.uk/ (intermittently)

OPPO

John Duncan

Andrew Everard:
Just spoken to Oppo in Sweden, and I'm told that no, it's not a hoax.

The launch of the player is postponed indefinitely.

Best hang on to that review copy you have then, AE - will be worth a fortune on eBay one day.

A

Anonymous

Ian_S:It's OK, Will is now looking for a Sony BDP-S350.
emotion-2.gif

Yup, I'm a Sony S350 man through and through!

Can't believe Oppo sited "Language Barrier" as an issue. For goodness sake, can we not manage to speak American on occasion over here??? LOL.

John Duncan

Will Harris:Can't believe Oppo sited "Language Barrier" as an issue. For goodness sake, can we not manage to speak American on occasion over here??? LOL.

I think the key word there is 'Europe', where they have been known to speak other languages on occasion...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts