Oppo 981 and Monitor Audio RS6

da_grudge

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Hello. I have the Oppo connected to my arcam avr350. Im using the oppo also for cd's and mp3.

The thing is that I feefl I need to push up the volume to hear with good quality. It seems with low volume cant get enough detail.

Is the oppo the problem? If I hear radio with the arcam, for example, I can hear with much lower volume and still with detail.

Maybe I need to buy a separate unit for cds...If so, can you recommnend me something? I cant spend more than 100-150.

Thfank you for the help again.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Yes, Oppo 981 is the problem for your audio cds. I recently tested 981 with 640C V2 in my setup for audio capabilities, and 981 lacked the detail, the soundstage, and the bass. I guess it's best for what it has to offer - upscaling. A speparate unit for cds will do wonders for your RS6.

T

the record spot

Think your best bet would be to either save up a little more for a better player, get a DAC for your existing Oppo, or find an Oppo-980 which is the better machine for audio apparently.

Me, for that budget, I'd get looking at Gumtree too. Maybe talk to a dealer who could sort something out for you. The RS6 is a good speaker, but for £150 you won't get the best from it. Not by a long way. My best suggestion would be to go down the saving route and get better quality gear.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts