Opinion on Recent Audition

gangus

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Listened to:
Rega Brio-R, Rega Apollo CDP, Rega RP3 TT

with the following speakers:
Monitor Audio RX1, Dynaudio DM2/6, Dynaudio DM2/7, Dynaudio Excite X12

My opinion is:MA RX1's, which I have listened to before, are agreat speaker for the price, but sound is a bit loose compared to the others (if I was spending £400 on speakers, it would probably be these).
DM 2/6 tightened everything up a bit, although vocals seemed weak.
DM 2/7 improvement again over DM 2/6, vocals great this time, but a little too much bass for my liking (I'm in a small room).
Excite X12's were all the posiitves from the above in one package. Really liked these!Didn't seem to find any problems with the Brio-R driving the Dynaudio's.

Anyway left the shop witht he Brio-R amp.Going back for the RP3 next, which also sounded great with X12's.And then back for the X12's unless anyone convinces me of alternatives at this price point.
For info. music listened to was BB King/Eric Clapton - 3'OClock Blues on th CDP.Dave Brubeck's Greatest Hits (1967 Stereo) on RP3.

Comments very welcome.

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the Brio-R at home for several months playing into Dynaudio Contour 1.8/II which are a far more difficult load, and they sounded great too! Speakers are the one thing you can be sure to trust your ears on - as they're kind of the interface between your ears and the system. Listen, decide, buy!

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
+1 for home auditions, especially with the Dynaudios. They're great speakers, but the column one I tried once didn't work in my room, too much bass. Should be less of a problem with the x12 as it's a standmount, though.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Cracking Amp, Cracking TT

You demoed - You liked - You bought

smiley-smile.gif
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS