Onkyo TX-SR608, Denon avr-1911, Pioneer 820 or Yamaha rx-v567?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Stereo performance is the most important factor and it should not be on the bright side soundwise.

Decent DAC's (for the price ofcourse) is also important but not that much.

Upconversion is not important at all as all sources are HD

Will be used with Dali Ikon 1's

Cast your votes please :)

A

Anonymous

Had my eyes on that one too with its neat network connectivity but its about 500 punds here and all the others are at 400 (my budget for this room)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you don't have to buy imminently, i'd hang on for all the Group Testing that's going to be done before our Awards - we'll be putting all those receivers and more through their paces (with movies and music) before revealing our favourite(s).....

A

Anonymous

I'm in a similar position joestone. I had made my mind up to purchase the TX-SR608, and then yesterday I bought What Hi-Fi and saw that they were going to supertest the 'under £500' receivers in next months issue. Now I don't know whether to be patient and wait to see the results or take the gamble and go with my original gut feeling. My primary use would be for films and gaming rather than music though. A month seems like a long time to wait now.

A

Anonymous

Patience my young padawan :D

Ill wait and get the Sony 370 blueray while i wait

Do any recievers in this pricerange have pre-out?

A

Anonymous

Will a dedicated stero amp such as the NAD C316, Denon 710 and yamaha ax397 be better in reality than the entry-level yamaha, onkyo etc receivers or are A/V receivers doing good enough in stereo these days if you dont need plenty of ooompf?

I guess i really know the answer to that question, im just looking for excuses to get an AV receiver with all the added functionality and conveniance you get :D I hate bad sound though ;)

-edit- I notice that some of the entry level receivers im looking at (like the yama RX-V467) has zone2 pre-out. Will that work great as a pre-out to another dedicated stereo-amp or is it fiddly and will it take alot of button pushing every time to get the source you want on the reveiver to go out to that zone2 pre-out and to the stereo amp?

A

Anonymous

joestone:
-edit- I notice that some of the entry level receivers im looking at (like the yama RX-V467) has zone2 pre-out. Will that work great as a pre-out to another dedicated stereo-amp or is it fiddly and will it take alot of button pushing every time to get the source you want on the reveiver to go out to that zone2 pre-out and to the stereo amp?

yeah I'm wondering that too, is that possible?

A

Anonymous

Hi All - did anybody establish if the Zone 2 on the Onkyo can be used as a pre-out to drive a seperate amp and L/R speakers?

Regards,

D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts