Onkyo TX-NR515 or Pioneer VSX-922?

Coops_THC

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I had my mind pretty much set on getting the VSX-922 but then i saw the TX-NR515 which has just as good if not better reviews.

I will be using Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 SE with which ever one i choose for the time being but will more than likely upgrade as and when i can afford.

VSX-922: £199 (Previous owner purchased it but returned it as it did not meet his requirments, so used but in as new condition with full 1 year warranty)

TX-NR515: £249 (New, unboxed)

Do any of you people own one of the above, if so can you please share your personal experience and opinions.

One feature i did like about the VSX-922 which the TX-NR515 is missing, is the ability to support Apple Airplay but at the end of the day all i really care about is pure audio performance as i will be doing more movie watching that music listening and could probably find an alternative to Airplay if need be.

Any help on the above would be much appreciated.

Reviews:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/onkyo-tx-nr515

http://www.whathifi.com/review/pioneer-vsx-922

Juzzie Wuzzie

Can't comment on the Pioneer, but I've owned two Onkyo AV Amps (605 and currently, 308) and they do the job asked of them very well. At your level of spend, I don't think either of your options will disappoint. You can get Airplay (and more) with an Apple TV, so I'm less concerned as to whether that is built in or not.

If £50 isn't going to cause you to miss meals for a month, I'd go the Onkyo - purely my own opinion.

Coops_THC

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Juzzie Wuzzie said:
Can't comment on the Pioneer, but I've owned two Onkyo AV Amps (605 and currently, 308) and they do the job asked of them very well. At your level of spend, I don't think either of your options will disappoint. You can get Airplay (and more) with an Apple TV, so I'm less concerned as to whether that is built in or not.

If £50 isn't going to cause you to miss meals for a month, I'd go the Onkyo - purely my own opinion.

I actually own a Apple TV 3 (No longer use it) and after asking around at work, everyone seems to be saying Onkyo. So i am leaning towards the Onkyo now and will just set my Apple TV back up purely for Airplay.

Saves me a trip to Liverpool as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts