Dali with Yamaha RX-V675 or RX-A830 or Pioneer VSX-1123-K?

Regisss

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

This is my first post in this forum. :)

I consider to assemble and buy my first home cinema system. Total size of living room (including kitchen side) is 36 m2. I would like to have home cinema system, firstly, with nice stereo sound for music and, secondly, good surround for movies.

I have already bought TV - UE55F8000STXXH

Next about speakers… I have listened to lot of speakers in HiFi stores and found my favourite - Dali Ikon 6 mk2 (as front speakers) and Ikon vocal 2 mk2 (as centre speakers). As rear speakers I consider to choose Dali Zensor 1?! Is it OK? Also I don’t know what to do with sub…?

Does Dali is best choice at all???

Please suggest which of these AV receivers will be best choice for previous named Dali speakers?

- Yamaha RX-V675

- Yamaha RX-A830

- Pioneer VSX-1123-K

- Any other?

Also about blu-ray players… I can’t decide which of these players are better, Pioneer BDP-450-K or Yamaha BD-S673?

Thank you for answers and recommendations! :)

Yamaha RX-A830 belongs to the Aventage range, and is superior to RX-V675. With regards to blu ray players, are these the only players you're considering? Pioneer BDP-450 is better of the two, although there have been reports of occasional freezes & glitches. Also look at Panasonic & Sony players.

Regisss

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Is Yamaha RX-A830 worth to pay an extra £ 240 compare to Yamaha RX-V675?

Do you recommend to look at Sony BDP-S790 blu-ray player?

Does Dali speakers and Yamaha RX-A830 or Yamaha RX-V675 are the best combination?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Regisss said:
Is Yamaha RX-A830 worth to pay an extra £ 240 compare to Yamaha RX-V675?

Do you recommend to look at Sony BDP-S790 blu-ray player?

Does Dali speakers and Yamaha RX-A830 or Yamaha RX-V675 are the best combination?

Yes it is worth the extra cash.

Yes I would recommend the Sony BDP-S790.

Yes Dali speakers with a Yamaha reciever is a brilliant combination.

I have the Dali Zensor5 5.1 package with two Zensor 1's as front presence speakers along with a Yamaha RX-A2020 Aventage receiver and it's a superb match. As you are looking at very good speakers don't scrimp on the amplification or you won't be getting the most from the speakers so the RX-A830 really should be the very least you consider. You could still get a bargain on a 2012 receiver such as the Yamaha RX-A1020 which would be a really good match so have a shop around and look at the best buy section on the front page of the WHF site and also the review section for more alternatives.

Personally, I would go for a Sony S490 or Panasonic BDT230 & put the extra cash to upgrade to a Yamaha RX-A1030. You won't get any performance improvements with blu ray playback with the S790 as compared to these anyway.

Regisss

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Is it really will not make any difference in stereo sound between Pioneer BDP-450, or Yamaha BD-S673 and Sony S490, or Panasonic BDT230, or Sony BDP-S790?

I’m asking it because I would like to use this blu-ray player also as music CD player?!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
No it won't. Just get your AV receiver to decode audio. A superior AV receiver makes more sense.

+1 for that.

The extra money spent on the AV receiver will give you the most gains for your cash, beleive me I know as I went from an Onkyo 609 (£500) to a Yamaha RX-A2020 (£1500) and the difference it makes to your system is night and day. If you want to get the most from your system I strongly recommend putting extra cash into the receiver...you really won't regret it.

You are buying quality speakers and they need a quality source of amplification to truly sing so a Yamaha RX-A1020 or 1030 is really a minimum requirement, I've been truly converted since I got my RX-A2020.

Regisss

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all previous advices! Very appreciate them! :)In my signature is possible to see my current setup... I like it, but I want more... :) More clarity, separation, dynamics and precise. So, In HiFi topic I already asked about adding external power amp and so... But here I would like to repeat my 3 question:3. Will there be significant sound improvement if I upgrade my existing AVR - Yamaha RX-A830 to RX-A2040 (for example)? And, will AVR upgrade give better results to stereo sound improvement than adding power amp? :)

There will be an improvement yes. But how significant, only you can tell that with a demo. I've never heard a power amp, so cannot asnwer your second question. I would expect the power amp to be superior as it has nothing else to do, unlike an AV receiver.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Regisss said:
Will there be significant sound improvement if I upgrade my existing AVR - Yamaha RX-A830 to RX-A2040 (for example)?

Mmm, toughie. Better yes, how much better, maybe a dealer like David at Frank Harvey or Rick at Musicraft would be able to say if the 2040 is worth the money over the 830. It should be better because is is this year's model rather than last year's, and the 2040 is two steps better than this year's equivalent of the 830, which is the 840 (in between there is the 1040, you see).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts