Onkyo TX-8050 owners, an internet radio question.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
DLNA performance is largely going to depend on the quality of your network connection, the performance of the NAS & the server software providing DLNA.

I would think your best bet would be to just buy one online & test it thoroughly within the 7 days allowed by DSR & simply return it if you don't like it. All it will cost you is the return shipping. Just don't go removing any labels, tags or anything else that would distinguish it from new. Also make sure you choose a retailer who is happy to abide by the full terms of DSR & not impose their own (essentially illegal) terms.

A

Anonymous

Thanks a lot guys for your answers. Let me follow up if you allow.

From previous posts (also from Google searches in other places) I got the impression that playback from a USB device and playback via DLNA can be different in terms of supported features.

a) With DLNA, how long are the gaps between two audio files (doesn't matter here whether FLAC or something else)? It probably varies with the file size? Anyway, all I am asking for is an intuition (barely noticeable, 1 second, 5 seconds, ...).

b) Does anyone have experience with playlist (or "all files in folder" etc.) support of the TX 8050 via DLNA? And I don't mean Windows Media Player "play to", but solely using the remote control of the receiver.

c) Anyone knows whether rewind / fast forward / skip track is supported via DLNA streaming? Again, FLAC or not probably doesn't matter much here.

Thank you again!

A

Anonymous

Crocodile said:
DLNA performance is largely going to depend on the quality of your network connection, the performance of the NAS & the server software providing DLNA.

I would think your best bet would be to just buy one online & test it thoroughly within the 7 days allowed by DSR & simply return it if you don't like it. All it will cost you is the return shipping. Just don't go removing any labels, tags or anything else that would distinguish it from new. Also make sure you choose a retailer who is happy to abide by the full terms of DSR & not impose their own (essentially illegal) terms.

Yes, that's probably a good approach. Still, I hope that some people here know the answer to some of my questions, before I go ahead and buy the receiver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts