ONKYO & Mordaunt mezzo speakers? Help what do i buy

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just looked at a ONKYO TX-SR607 amp which i'm thinking of pairing up with Mordant short mezzo 8's or maybe the 6's not sure yet if the 8's are worth the extra money.

Using these with the mezzo 5 centre speaker and for my surround using mordant short ALUMNI speakers

Before i buy , has anyone got any ideas or experience of these speakers or suggestions of where to spend the money else where.

Want something for movies surround sound bit also for loud music.

My budget is around £1500 / £2000k

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have an Onkyo 905 and It works brilliantly with the B&W 685 Theatre although I upgraded the sub woofer to B&W ASW610. There is a recent thread about the 685s and onkyos. Hope this helps. I use my older Mordaunt Shorts with my Arcam to play CDS and for my Rega 3 to play lps.

A

Anonymous

If you read the What hifi review of the mezzo 6s on this site, you'll see that, in common with other MS speakers, they warn against pairing them with bright sounding amps, which Onkyo are. MS speakers work best with warm sounding amps from the likes of Yamaha and Denon, so I would demo before pairing the Mezzos with an Onkyo amp.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I'd spend a bit more on the amp especially if you're after good music.

The Marantz amps have a warmer sound, are good with music, and my SR6001 was streets ahead of the Onkyo 605, espcially for music, when I demod, so I'm pretty confident that the Sr6003 / 6004 will be a similar step up from the 607.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts