Onkyo A-9010 (EU) vs Onkyo A-9010 (UK)

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
So following the review of the Onkyo A-9010 (UK) by WHATHIFI, I was wondering if anyone has heard both the EU and UK versions compared?

Has the removal of the digital input + Wolfson WM8718 DAC been worth it in terms of sound quality?

Onkyo claims better capacitors are used in the UK version. Is there any images of the internal of the EU vs UK version?

Both versions are priced the same so I am struggling to decide on whether the UK version actually sounds better than the EU version.

Babsi Oghenekohwo said:
So following the review of the Onkyo A-9010 (UK) by WHATHIFI, I was wondering if anyone has heard both the EU and UK versions compared?

Has the removal of the digital input + Wolfson WM8718 DAC been worth it in terms of sound quality?

Onkyo claims better capacitors are used in the UK version. Is there any images of the internal of the EU vs UK version?

Both versions are priced the same so I am struggling to decide on whether the UK version actually sounds better than the EU version.

Welcome to the forum.

Regardless of any differences in sound quality, which I guess would be negligible, I'd suggest you simply buy whichever to suit the country you live in, if only to ensure you have the correct plug on the end of the mains cable as the voltage is not switchable.

Babsi Oghenekohwo said:
Both versions are available in the UK as different retailers have the EU/UK version. Tesco/Hughes stock the EU model which has the DAC while Hifi shops stock the UK version

Do they both have UK plugs? If so, and unless you really must have an internal DAC then I would buy the UK version where more of the money has been spent on the internals rather than wasted on a budget DAC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts