ONKYO 875 and QED Airlocs.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

After finally taking the plunge I now have my system (Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RS6 AV with RS1 rears, Panny 42PZ85, Cambridge Audio 640H Music Server, PS3 and Tosh E35 HD DVD, Atacama AVTL, Equinox and Aurora stands).

After much research (and watching the minor wars that break out everytime someone mentions the subject of cables) I decided on the QED Silver XT as my cable of choice. I brought everything except the Receiver and 640h and DVD equipment from the same establishment. We got on to the subject of speaker termination, and despite not having seen the Onkyo (the shop doesn't carry Onkyo equipment) Airlocs were suggested as the most appropriate way of terminating particuliarly for those speakers being biwired.

Having now attempted to set it up I find that Airlocs don't seem to fit the Onkyo
emotion-9.gif
am I missing something? Anyone have banana plugs fitted with the Onkyo and if so what ones?

Really grateful for the advice.

Aeis

A

Anonymous

I'm using the QED screwlocs on my 875 (also with the QED Silver Anniversay XT cabling).

It works an absolute treat and makes for a very tidy install.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, You have tried to remove the plastic pins inside the holes..I am guessing? I have got Gale bannana plugs purchased from richer sounds although maplin do some similar or check ebay and they fit into the 875. I wouldn't say fine as I had to give each one a bit of welly to go in but I don't think I will recommend that you do the same or something might get broke.
The qed airlocks do look like chunky son of a guns looking at a pic of them but they should go in I would think but will they come out again is the question.

A

Anonymous

OK maybe I'm being dense but there doesn't appear to be any filler caps fitted.

The connector is clear plastic surrounding black plastic with a hole in it. I can see how these would come out.

The Airlocs are 4mm are you all using same size?

A

Anonymous

I have the clear binding posts too. Others come in colours like the 606. If the plastic caps are still in there then the hole will be too small to even think of getting the airlocs in there otherwise you should be able to fit at least one airloc in one of the many posts. Try some more of the airlocs that you have along each post to make sure that it isnt a duff one.

A

Anonymous

Thanks all, turned out to be a duff couple of binding posts. It would appear that at some point the plastic caps had be pushed so far in as to have jammed.

Have new amp and it all set up with Airlocs now :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts