My onkyo 875 loses sound and picture...help anybody?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
anybody experienced any problems like this with onkyo 875 or other onks?

When playing games/blurays/dvd/iplayer via my ps3,occasionally i seem to lose sound and picture completly,my tv appears as if it is not getting any signal. If i switch the 875 off then on it works again.....till the next time,same thing happens. Trouble is the front panel remains fine,indicating it is still recieving an input,nothing changes on the 875.

The ps3 still playing bulray/game etc when i switch the 875 back on so i guess that rules out the ps3.

Switched my hdmi cables around but no change.

Tried turning off the upscaler in the 875 and using the ps3 instead,worked for a day,well about 4hours, then back to switching itself of again.

Firmware is 1.04.

Had it for 19 months,paid a grand for it,sick as a dog! Anybody know how long the warranty is for? been doing this for about a month and seems to be getting more frequent.

Thanks guys for any comments,cheers!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
This has happened to me a couple of times on my 905 but nowhere near that frequently. Literally about 5 times in over a year of owning it. Check with your retailer on the warranty - some of them came with a 3 year warranty so you may be covered still. Otherwise, you might be able to persuade them that 19 months is not an acceptable lifetime for a product which cost £1,000.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
thermopyle:

anybody experienced any problems like this with onkyo 875 or other onks?

When playing games/blurays/dvd/iplayer via my ps3,occasionally i seem to lose sound and picture completly,my tv appears as if it is not getting any signal. If i switch the 875 off then on it works again.....till the next time,same thing happens. Trouble is the front panel remains fine,indicating it is still recieving an input,nothing changes on the 875.

The ps3 still playing bulray/game etc when i switch the 875 back on so i guess that rules out the ps3.

Switched my hdmi cables around but no change.

Tried turning off the upscaler in the 875 and using the ps3 instead,worked for a day,well about 4hours, then back to switching itself of again.

Firmware is 1.04.

Had it for 19 months,paid a grand for it,sick as a dog! Anybody know how long the warranty is for? been doing this for about a month and seems to be getting more frequent.

Thanks guys for any comments,cheers!
I think the current firmware is 1.07, so that might be something to look at.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Could, of course, be a handshaking problem between PS3, amp and TV - has anything else changed recently, such as firmware upgrades to the PS3 or TV?

Only ask as I have had an 875 for two years ot so, and never encountered this problem.

A

Anonymous

Yeah,now that i think about it it has never done it with my xbox360,just the ps3 as i use it for everything....Still dont have any idea how to fix it tho.

any suggestions where to start?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Is your PS3 up to date with its firmware version? I haven't had this issue for a while I have to say. If this is okay, the other aspect is to see if you can get your Onkyo firmware updated as hammill noted. I believe GenServe are the people to contact for this.

TRENDING THREADS