One Box Wonder - DAC + Pre + Amp upto 2000 Pounds ? (total set upto 4000 Pounds) - Urgent!

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I am new to the HiFi but familair on the Home theatre front for a long time. I am tired of multiple boxes and I am keen to have a simpler solution with may be max 10% drop in SQ in that category.

My current shortlist is Musical Fidelity M6i with B&W CM9. If I am open for both speaker and amp suggestions (total up to 4000 Pounds) what will be the best way forward. (Rock, Top Charts, little Jazz almost none classical is the kind of music I listen to and all music come from Macmini at around 600-800KBPS average sample rate)

If you think that I will do a lot better by going completely seperates then I will use that option.

I am going to audition M6i with CM9 in few hours so if some one can give me what else I could look out quickly while I am there (That is why urgent), it would be great!

A

Anonymous

Wishtree is the new setup just for music? If yes and you want a really neat solution why not try the Avi Adm 9.1s with sub, just at an Apple Tv and your streaming away like a good un!

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Nick and James.

The setup will be music focussed but I have to introduce the center speaker into the HiFi set up some how otherwise I will miss out on Movie watching fun.

I am going now to check CM9 and M6i and fill in end of day on observations / purchases. Hopefully they have Naimi and ADM!

A

Anonymous

You can use your surround amp for the center channel and use the pre-out to the new amp for using it for movie duty.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Well.. I just came back from the audition and I am not happy (but not complaining!) with my findings..

Denon 4310 in Stereo is quite inferior and I am completely ruling it out.

M6i which is supposed to be an outperformer in Stereo was only a tad better than 4310 :)( )

Surprisingly, I tried Arcam which blew my mind away! I think it is the combination that works great as I have used only CM9 as speakers in the audition. Arcam AVR 500's stereo performance is way above with warmth and details and then switched to Arcam Solo Neo which is still otuperforming every thing including M6i. Since my speaker choice is already made (though not in stone but I quite like the CM9), they are singing really well with Arcam!! With Arcam, the speakers just disappeared which was so wonderful!

Now I need to understand the Arcam product line in HiFi

@Nick - I am still figuring a way to integrate a Center speaker into a pure HiFi setup but I have not understood your suggestion. Explain me please..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts