speakers + amp (dac included) total 4,000pds

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
igglebert:I concur Alien. I only waver a bit on services that I dislike the marketing of. You have to live with it.
Talking of marketing, I've almost thrown the remote at the TV on numerous occasions due to all the "perfume ads" this time of year!

However, that doesn't mean I won't be using fragrance
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Grottyash, forgive me if my post came across as rude. Not my intention.

John Duncan

chebby:
JohnDuncan:Can't speak for the Cyrus, though have heard them sound...suboptimal...with some large Vienna standmounts...

Just this morning I read a glowing WHF 5 star review of Cyrus and Vienna standmounts in the 'One Make' systems test in the current (January) issue.

Were they the ones you heard?

No it was at the Bristol Show, the compromised nature of which is why I used more polite language than I felt at the time...

A

Anonymous

In that case, may I recommend the Chario Actives? They'll probably be out in 5 years or so, providing the company has thought of making them, of course, but they'll knock the ADMs into a cocked hat! There's also the Opera actives, again not even on the drawing board but, when they come out, they'll be fabulous.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but for me idle speculation such as this devalues the forum as a whole. You have no idea what these models will be like so you can neither comment nor recommend them, full stop.

Happy new year to everybody - 2 hours ahead of you here so time to start thinking about heading into town.

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Grottyash:In that case, may I recommend the Chario Actives? They'll probably be out in 5 years or so, providing the company has thought of making them, of course, but they'll knock the ADMs into a cocked hat! There's also the Opera actives, again not even on the drawing board but, when they come out, they'll be fabulous.
The ADM40 prototypes are available for demo right now. If you like them you can wait a few months to demo the final product (and purchase if you're still happy). If not then keep looking elsewhere.

How does that compare to the ridiculous examples you have given?

Happy New Year
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I wil def. demo the adm 40's, I am in no hurry.

I will also demo supernait-neat motive and maybe the HK 990 with some floorstanders.

thanks for all advice!

happy new 2011!! with lots of musical pleasure!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts