OMG!!! ARGOS HAVE JUST GIVEN ME....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Sizzers said:
DrF.mbe said:
I was told by people in the know that if i get a 380 over the 370 then its a swizz.

I reserved a 370, it turned up at the desk as a 380, i was not impressed.

But at least i was pre warned, i am rather surprised to see WHF tell you its a similar deal when it REALLY IS NOT.

The 370 is a far better proposition.

Where did WHF mention it was a "deal", similar or otherwise?

Here....

Clare Newsome said:
Sony BDP- S380 review in our current, July issue - in shops and available as digital edition now. The player is an utter bargain for £70!

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
There has been no mention or otherwise by WHF of any "deal" available at Argos. Clare was merely commenting on the fact that the £70 I paid for it was an "utter bargain" which, of course, it is.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
DrF.mbe said:
Sizzers said:
DrF.mbe said:
I was told by people in the know that if i get a 380 over the 370 then its a swizz.

I reserved a 370, it turned up at the desk as a 380, i was not impressed.

But at least i was pre warned, i am rather surprised to see WHF tell you its a similar deal when it REALLY IS NOT.

The 370 is a far better proposition.

Where did WHF mention it was a "deal", similar or otherwise?

Here....

Clare Newsome said:
Sony BDP- S380 review in our current, July issue - in shops and available as digital edition now. The player is an utter bargain for £70!

But you haven't said why the 370 is a far better proposition yet - I'm quite interested to know why...

A

Anonymous

just purchased one , bargain bdps380 ..checked comet next door and they had it on offer for £120 ....so £69 is about half the price, lovely..

A

Anonymous

The Argos website lists it at £149.99. How do you get it for £70? Also, does it play SACD's, and can it be made region-free for DVD playback?

A

Anonymous

A

Anonymous

defo got the bdps380...when i went to the till to pay it said (replacement may be offered) so asked to see the product before i paid and down ame the bdps380.

A

Anonymous

What was it you ordered exactly at to get that offer? (ie catalogue nummber etc), reasons I ask as above.

A

Anonymous

my email notification came as follows

sony bdp380

533/8777

just checked that cat number and it comes up as the Sony BDP370 Blu-ray and DVD Player. 533/8777

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Well I was going to get the 370 at £70. Reserved it and couldn't make it to Argos on Saturday. Followed this thread with interest and went to re-reserve - 370 had become 380. Obviously there is no 380, anyone suggesting there's a difference between 380 and s380 is wrong. The RRP on Sony's website is £130, so £70 for a brand new model is an absolute bargain in my book. Thanks to the OP for the thread!
smiley-smile.gif

Now waiting for a new HDMI and ethernet cable to arrive to enjoy my new purchase
smiley-smile.gif

To whoever asked, yes it does play SACD (I think pretty much everything Sony does?)

A

Anonymous

I think the price has changed today.
I reserved the 380 yesrerday at £69.99, went into the store today and keyed in my reservation number and it came up on the screen as the 370 with a price of £99.99. I went to the till and said the price was wrong and the cashier had to do an override to bring the price back down to £69.99. He said the model number was different and i would get the 370 instead (i thought great!)I then went to the collection point and it was the S380 after all!! Still pleased with my good deal. When i checked back on the website, the S380 now says £149.99 so the offer must have finished i'm afraid.

A

Anonymous

I was looking at the s370 for £100 at Richer Sounds but found it was hard to come by, the s380 was no good as it doesn't come with DLNA streaming, then saw the s470 for £110 so got that - the last one at London Bridge.

If you don't want streaming then you defo got a bargain with the s380!!!

I just cant believe how cheap these players are, I paid £225 I think for my denon 1920 DVD player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts