Old Philips & SKY HD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have a nice old Philip 32(something)9257, thats just been connected upto SKY HD, as i could resist this months deal.

So i then start looking for a nice new LCD to make the most of the HD box. This is all well and good, but you need to consider that my wife doesnt want to spend money on a new TV (more interested in holidays).

Anyway my question is, if i plumb for the ever popular 40W4500 will i see a picture improvement on SD over my 5 year old philips (its 100hz and pixel plus).

I have to admit the thought of firing up a new 900 quid set to hear the wife say i prefer the old one, isnt all that apealing!

Any help would be appreciated.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, you will see a difference with the new 40W4500, though I don't know if that will be enough to persuade your wife! I have a three-year-old 40in Sony Bravia LCD and am currently trying to justify to myself how to scrap the old one and buy the 40W4500 plus a Blu-ray player
emotion-14.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andy, as long as the SD picture is better, then i should be OK, because the HD picture should be miles better............i hope :)

TRENDING THREADS