Old AVR and new HDTV connections

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My AV system consists of Denon AVR-3802, Arcam DV88 DVD player, Energy Encore 5.1 speakers and subwoofer. My 50" Fujitsu plasma has died. I want to replace it with Samsung UE46B8000 LCDTV. I will also be upgrading my standard Skybox to to Sky HD to make the most of the HD capabilities of the LCDTV.

I need help with the connectivity of the components. There's no HDMI sockets in the Denon AVR-3802. Will the system still work. I am a complete novice. I will also want to add a blu-ray player at some point in the future.

Thanks in anticipation.

daveh75

Yes it will still work. Connect the Sky HD directly to your tv via HDMI and also connect an optical cable from the Sky HD box to your Denon for DD5.1 surround sound(where available).

When you get a Blu-Ray player, make sure it's able to decode the HD formats on-board and has multi-channel analogue outs,that way you'll get the benefit of HD sound.When you connect it up, run an HDMI directly to tv as with Sky and connect the BDP's analogue outputs to your Denons analogue inputs with 3 pairs of stereo rca interconnects.

A

Anonymous

Thanks daveh75, I will go ahead and place my order for the Samsung UE46B8000.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts