Caseyjones125

Nov 23, 2022
Visit site
My 2 month old ( second hand ) Rotel CD14 player has developed a problem.
I placed a CD on the tray and in it went as normal but, the screen just displays 'Loading' and ,not only do none of the other buttons make it do anything but, I cannot get it to eject the CD either !
Any thoughts?
Andy .

P.S. I am capable enough to take it apart as long as it doesn't involve wiring.

manicm

My 2 month old ( second hand ) Rotel CD14 player has developed a problem.
I placed a CD on the tray and in it went as normal but, the screen just displays 'Loading' and ,not only do none of the other buttons make it do anything but, I cannot get it to eject the CD either !
Any thoughts?
Andy .

P.S. I am capable enough to take it apart as long as it doesn't involve wiring.

If all else fails take to dealer or you'll invalidate the warranty. I recommend you don't open the unit up.

RayP

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
@Caseyjones125 , there’s likely to be a factory reset option. That may well clear the problem. See your manual for details.

I had a problem not dissimilar to yours with my Oppo 203. Turns out making it permanently visible on my network was the problem. Turned that option off so it’s only visible when in use solved it. That advice came from Oppo. Ask Rotel if you can’t solve it.

@Caseyjones125 , there’s likely to be a factory reset option. That may well clear the problem. See your manual for details.

I had a problem not dissimilar to yours with my Oppo 203. Turns out making it permanently visible on my network was the problem. Turned that option off so it’s only visible when in use solved it. That advice came from Oppo. Ask Rotel if you can’t solve it.
There's a world of difference between the Rotel and the Oppo as the Rotel will not be on a network.

I’m not suggesting it’s a network problem. Just that a factory reset may cure the problem.
"I had a problem not dissimilar to yours with my Oppo 203. Turns out making it permanently visible on my network was the problem. Turned that option off so it’s only visible when in use solved it."
In that case why was this even stated?
On another matter how many CD players do you know of with a factory reset facility?

RayP

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
In that case why was this even stated?
On another matter how many CD players do you know of with a factory reset facility?

Good grief. I’m just trying to be helpful. There is usually a way of getting a disk out if the motor mechanism fails. If all else fails the OP has no option but to discard the player and buy new.

Good grief. I’m just trying to be helpful. There is usually a way of getting a disk out if the motor mechanism fails. If all else fails the OP has no option but to discard the player and buy new.
Wasn't meant to be an attack, it's just none of the CD players I have owned have had a factory reset function, what is it going to reset? certainly nothing mechanical. If you know otherwise that's fine, otherwise no it wasn't that helpful a reply and the OP will have to take device apart to access the drive mechanism rather than discard it.
In my humble opinion that is...

Wasn't meant to be an attack, it's just none of the CD players I have owned have had a factory reset function, what is it going to reset? certainly nothing mechanical. If you know otherwise that's fine, otherwise no it wasn't that helpful a reply and the OP will have to take device apart to access the drive mechanism rather than discard it.
I would've thought all electronic devices reset when you turn them off from the mains, wait for 30 seconds and turn them back on?

Reactions: WayneKerr
I would've thought all electronic devices reset when you turn them off from the mains, wait for 30 seconds and turn them back on?
How do you mean reset?
A CD player has nothing to reset surely? It's either on or off.
And certainly nothing that might cure a potential mechanical failure......
However, we are digressing from answering nthe OPs question

How do you mean reset?
A CD player has nothing to reset surely? It's either on or off.
And certainly nothing that might cure a potential mechanical failure......
However, we are digressing from answering nthe OPs question
They still run on a software, whether the software presents to you visually or not. Software glitches can be sorted this way, if that's causing the issue. It's entirely possible in this case.

Symples

Aug 12, 2021
Visit site

Well....
My CD player would not recognise SACDs (bought it second hand)
Reading through the manual. A reset solved the problem.

Mind you, I think that a factory reset is very very rare on these things.

TRENDING THREADS