NVA Cube 2 review

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
In part i agree regarding your logic. i agree the that the dm10 is better value for money than scm11 and good amp as pound for pound v sound quality etc.

I also agree that you can get more sound quality 2nd hand and buying old classic designs as you have.

But i believe that true strength and weakness of scm 11 was not shown in bake off as ive come to appreciate since using the hegel ht bypass and scm11s in hone theatre set up and extream high levels. Youll be shocked at the output with no distortion or stress what so ever...
This is a prime example of why I am just as happy to lose a bake-off as to win one or draw one.

Whenever I have lost bake-offs in the past they have always led to me making improvements to my system.

It's quite possible with your system now set-up better (and if your system had a sub and the AVI DM10's didn't) that your SCM11's might sound about as good as (or better than) the DM10's...

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
lindsayt said:
Andrewjvt said:
In part i agree regarding your logic. i agree the that the dm10 is better value for money than scm11 and good amp as pound for pound v sound quality etc.

I also agree that you can get more sound quality 2nd hand and buying old classic designs as you have.

But i believe that true strength and weakness of scm 11 was not shown in bake off as ive come to appreciate since using the hegel ht bypass and scm11s in hone theatre set up and extream high levels. Youll be shocked at the output with no distortion or stress what so ever...
This is a prime example of why I am just as happy to lose a bake-off as to win one or draw one.

Whenever I have lost bake-offs in the past they have always led to me making improvements to my system.

It's quite possible with your system now set-up better (and if your system had a sub and the AVI DM10's didn't) that your SCM11's might sound about as good as (or better than) the DM10's...

What i dont like is other people that dont understand the context of the bake iff reading into it that scm 11s are boring sounding speakers etc or that the hegel is at fault. As people did and have.

I even had people try recomend me to find different speakers etc.

Consider i can with scm11 hear the bass lines better and more defined as my old kef r700s even though the kefs had more slam/impact (not as much as youd think of a difference)

I also find the atc scm11s much more realistic sounding than the r700s and also more engaging full stop.

nvahifi

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
You only *know* what you have experienced, if you haven't then comment is presumption, guesswork and largely arrogant and often ego based. There is only one answer - keep an open mind and accept change when you hear it. This is why I object to the Hi-Fi marketeers of this world like Ashley James. They are stuck so far up their own arses that an alternative view is impossible. They deny reality and twist it to fit their agenda and needs, we see it all over in many aspects of human behaviour. Putin is a classic political example at the moment.

We all have to guard against it.

So exerience as many alternatives as you can, dems, bake-off, loans, shows, round the mates for few beers, all can be eye and ear openers. The people that deny this are those that are scared of it.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
nvahifi said:
You only *know* what you have experienced, if you haven't then comment is presumption, guesswork and largely arrogant and often ego based. There is only one answer - keep an open mind and accept change when you hear it. This is why I object to the Hi-Fi marketeers of this world like Ashley James. They are stuck so far up their own arses that an alternative view is impossible. They deny reality and twist it to fit their agenda and needs, we see it all over in many aspects of human behaviour. Putin is a classic political example at the moment.

We all have to guard against it.

So exerience as many alternatives as you can, dems, bake-off, loans, shows, round the mates for few beers, all can be eye and ear openers. The people that deny this are those that are scared of it.

Im not scared of bake off as ive arranged them.
But now im put off them totally.

It seems you have an Ashley James complex. I cant help you with that. He has only been polite and kind towards me and im not a customer yet.

If this is what a hobby does to you guys im not interested.

This does help with the night shift boredom so thank you for that.

nvahifi

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
My complex as you call it is not confined to Ashley James, he is but an example, just a bad one. Of course he is polite, polite in telling lies and ******** the same as *every* marketing man to a greater or lesser degree does, it is their job.

Why do you think prices are so high in this industry? It is because of all the middle men and hangers on, I call them slurpers (slurpers in the pig trough) that is where your money goes, not on making or designing the product, that is much less.

I design and build hi-fi with help from sub contract and out work on the build side. I use no retailers, I sell direct at trade price to the customer via on line, that save 40 to 50% of your money. I don't employ marketing men and company sales men like Ash, that save another 10 to 20%. I don't use magazines to promote or advertise, saving another 10%, I use customer word of mouth mostly on forums.

Ok this can be seen as promotion, but it needs to be said, so people understand where I come from. I have been designing and making hi-fi for over 40 years and before that employed in both manufacture and retail in UK hi-fi industry. I survived the nonsense of the flat earth where the industry was virtually taken over, and other industry anomalies and pollutants. THE best thing to happen to this industry is the forums and the freedom to pass unpoluted and uncorrupted information to the enthusiast at last. Don't expect accurate information from magazines, they are comics with pictures..

Nothing is perfect, including the forums, some are run by egotists who practice censorship, but over all it is the forum members who in reality own and make a forum a success and work or not.

Because of forums we can now have a social aspect to the hobby, meet-ups, bake-offs, which is the way to beat the slurpers control over the information you get. The only good and accurate review (not always but most) is from the guy who owns it!!!

Being a magazine based forum I am sure my views are not welcome here, but there it is. This saga came out of my willingness to loan items for bake-offs and meet ups, it very very rarely goes off into la-la land as this one has, and if it does there is normally an agenda behind it. I would love to run an open forum based loan scheme for people to try nva, but when tried on other forums the trade members have ganged up to get it removed as they are scared stiff of it.

I hope this helps people to understand.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
were you and Ash separated at birth, you'd think so based on your last post?! You obviously need to spread this calm mantra type nonsense to some of your own followers, they ruin and polute all forums they interact on! Your own forum is full of it and is terrible at times, an agender driven, promotional exercise that seemingly encourages spiteful and insulting comments, snide feedback and lies At least on the AVI forum it is grown up, and non insulting. Yes I own AVI speakers but it could so easily have been any number of other active speaker brands. Lyndsay is not the level headed, do gooder and sage of all things hifi he makes out. He represents you and your brand here and elsewhere. So kindly stop the act and be a little more honest with yourself first before posting such nonsense as the above. Two peas perhaps that don't realise it.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
nvahifi said:
My complex as you call it is not confined to Ashley James, he is but an example, just a bad one. Of course he is polite, polite in telling lies and ******** the same as *every* marketing man to a greater or lesser degree does, it is their job.

Why do you think prices are so high in this industry? It is because of all the middle men and hangers on, I call them slurpers (slurpers in the pig trough) that is where your money goes, not on making or designing the product, that is much less.

I design and build hi-fi with help from sub contract and out work on the build side. I use no retailers, I sell direct at trade price to the customer via on line, that save 40 to 50% of your money. I don't employ marketing men and company sales men like Ash, that save another 10 to 20%. I don't use magazines to promote or advertise, saving another 10%, I use customer word of mouth mostly on forums.

Ok this can be seen as promotion, but it needs to be said, so people understand where I come from. I have been designing and making hi-fi for over 40 years and before that employed in both manufacture and retail in UK hi-fi industry. I survived the nonsense of the flat earth where the industry was virtually taken over, and other industry anomalies and pollutants. THE best thing to happen to this industry is the forums and the freedom to pass unpoluted and uncorrupted information to the enthusiast at last. Don't expect accurate information from magazines, they are comics with pictures..

Nothing is perfect, including the forums, some are run by egotists who practice censorship, but over all it is the forum members who in reality own and make a forum a success and work or not.

Because of forums we can now have a social aspect to the hobby, meet-ups, bake-offs, which is the way to beat the slurpers control over the information you get. The only good and accurate review (not always but most) is from the guy who owns it!!!

Being a magazine based forum I am sure my views are not welcome here, but there it is. This saga came out of my willingness to loan items for bake-offs and meet ups, it very very rarely goes off into la-la land as this one has, and if it does there is normally an agenda behind it. I would love to run an open forum based loan scheme for people to try nva, but when tried on other forums the trade members have ganged up to get it removed as they are scared stiff of it.

I hope this helps people to understand.

Let just leave it there then.
I agree about the pig food and costs. And it is good to have honest bake off now and again. Although i have to stick up for Darius as i know he acted with no agenda.

Good luck

nvahifi

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
If I thought I was like Ashley James I would probably top myself.

You are one of his arse lickers so you will just be the same type of lying polutant as the main man. Your comments about HFS only come from people who have *deservedly* been shown up there. The many people we have been helped to expose bad treatment they had on other forums, incidently many many cases of being banned from AVi forum. I am banned for no reason as an example having made one benign post there, do not have your opinion. BUT the people shown up because of it like you do!

The vehicle for this is the forum room Elswhere on the Web (EOTW) it has a reason to exist. Read the first thread there "The Purpose" if you wish to understand. Apart from that room the forum is as normal as any other just more honest and un censored than most (not here).

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
nvahifi said:

You are one of his arse lickers.

You've said enough! You came here as a reaction to my review and to express yours and your clan opinion; you think that my review was:

- nonsense, because that is what it was, non sensicle.

- the reasoning and construction of the review was gobble-de-****,

- your review was like a google translation of Polish text.

You brought here your arogant, vicious, vulgar and dirty language

I'm not a proffesonal reviewer and I barely put my impressions together the best I could and looks like you can't digest it. You've said you came here to defend the product and HFS forum. If what you've said here is defence than you have to re-think a lot.

nvahifi said:
The many people we have been helped to expose bad treatment they had on other forums

I would not like to undergo your help treatments and only insane people would ever like to buy anything from psychopath [ a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behaviour] like yourself.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
luckylion100 said:
were you and Ash separated at birth, you'd think so based on your last post?! You obviously need to spread this calm mantra type nonsense to some of your own followers, they ruin and polute all forums they interact on! Your own forum is full of it and is terrible at times, an agender driven, promotional exercise that seemingly encourages spiteful and insulting comments, snide feedback and lies At least on the AVI forum it is grown up, and non insulting. Yes I own AVI speakers but it could so easily have been any number of other active speaker brands. Lyndsay is not the level headed, do gooder and sage of all things hifi he makes out. He represents you and your brand here and elsewhere. So kindly stop the act and be a little more honest with yourself first before posting such nonsense as the above. Two peas perhaps that don't realise it.
luckylion, those are lies.

You have committed libel.

I do not represent the NVA brand. Not on this forum. Not on pfm. Not on Hi-fi Subjectivist.

I challenge you to find any posts here on the What Hi-fi forum where I have acted as any sort of representative of the NVA brand.

You won't find any, because I haven't - beyond mentioning in this thread I have been to a bake-off where the system I took was beaten by an NVA system. And that is hardly being a representative. That was just being truthful, open and honest.

I am most definitely not a sage of all things in hi-fi. The more I find out about this area the more I realise just how many routes there are to hi-fi happiness that I won't be able to try in my lifetime.

And I don't see myself as a do gooder. However I do try to be open, honest and to act with the highest levels and standards of integrity and ethics at all times.

Which includes not making up malicious lies about other people. Something that you have just done.

luckylion, do you think it's grown up on the AVI forum to have a long running theme going where they criticise people who comment on AVI speakers without having heard them and yet in the aftermath of the EV vs AVI bake-off there were a number of people who have never heard EV Sentry III speakers that expressed very strong opinions on how they thought they sounded at the bake-off???!!!

It simply isn't true that the AVI forum is non insulting. Are you aware how many personal insults Ashley James has made on that forum in the last 12 months that have been directed at me? All of his insults have been untrue and wide of the mark.

luckylion, how would you feel if I started making up a series of insulting lies about you and started publishing them on the Internet?

There are some very key difference between nvahifi and Ashley James. Would you like me to tell you what they are?

daveh75

NVA, please do f#ck off back to you're own forum.

Lindsayt, it really is about time you got over yourself, you self important ****!

lpv, great work, and thanks for bringing your spat with some c#nts from HSF here...

M

Mammy Nun

daveh75

I did kind of wander what the 75 denoted.........I get it now.

Its yer F#+kin IQ score.........

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
What a great industry this is.

If anyone ever expresses surprise that people are no longer interested in hi-fi, I suggest they are shown this thread.

'Self-destruction' doesn't even cover it.

Vector

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Real classy.

So much for a forum that doesn't believe in challenging what people hear. This is really turning out to be a good advert for NVA. So you get a bad review: Even if you have your doubts about it, suck it up.

otherwise you end up looking like a bullying narcissist. Isn't that a description of the sort of person Richard professes to hate?

nvahifi

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Comments back into la la land, with no reality as to what has happened or been said by me. What he heard was not challenged. The way he said it and why was challenged.

Can you read, who am I bullying so far all I have seen is people insulting me, and me insulting Ashley James (who is not here) who deserves that and more for his excruciating promotion of AVi perfomances over the last few years. Regarding the OP all the insult traffic here has been one way, directed at me.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Mr Nonsense Vicious Apparatus call himself Dr Bunsen Honeydew, therefore he must know he's a MUPPET

wait a minute.. they even look exactly the same !!

latest

nvachallenge.jpeg

and here's a photograph of notorious winner/ heavy weight champion of all audio shows in " the most beautiful system' category.. classy

DSCF0365.jpg

where's muppet, there's muppets

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
nvahifi said:
Are there any rules or is there any moderation on this forum.

and look who's begging for moderation *dash1* the same muppet ( sorry Rich, nothing personal.. I'm barely using the same language you and your muppets treated me on your forum) who said this

nvahifi said:

nvahifi

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
No chance, I just won't play your game.

There must be normal people here who see what is going on and far from pleading for moderation I will help you dig your own holes. Keep insulting, keep twisting the truth, keep in venting things, I will help you by just being here.

nvahifi

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
It is a genuine question. Remember I am new to this forum. Is there any moderation or rules or any moderators as I don't see any.

Now back to some reality. How would you lot like to join in and find out what nva is about. If the seemingly non existent powers that be allow it I will set up an official loan schme here. It does have rules and safeguards which if anyone expresses an interest I will explain.

If nothing else the offer will draw all the hidden trade out to object to it. I have been trying for months to find a forum with the guts to approve it.

Knock knock - hello - is there anyone there

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
nvahifi said:
Now back to some reality. How would you lot like to join in and find out what nva is about. If the seemingly non existent powers that be allow it I will set up an official loan schme here. It does have rules and safeguards which if anyone expresses an interest I will explain.

If nothing else the offer will draw all the hidden trade out to object to it. I have been trying for months to find a forum with the guts to approve it.

what a radical change of direction *wacko*

after all this self destruction and false start business as usual. good luck.

nvahifi said:
It is a genuine question. Remember I am new to this forum. Is there any moderation or rules or any moderators as I don't see any.

There is and there are however, I too am surprised this thread hasn't been locked by now. As to home loan schemes I doubt it's a go'er as one thing they do seem keen on is no trading. I'd stick to eBay. ;-)

Vector

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Like a typical school bully, you've let your two "lieutenants" do the attacking in the main, although you've thrown enough insults yourself now, at anyone else who disagrees.

hilarious to see you touting for the loan scheme after the message this has sent: Try NVA and love it or be vilified. Yeah, that works *dash1*

You clearly live in an alternate reality, which is why you get banned from every forum. At least you've created your own "through the looking glass" forum where you have total control. Pity it's the equivalent of a pariah state.

nvahifi

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Despite all of the rudeness and personal attacks in this thread (which IMO should have been moderated or locked by now)

Have you seen any of this from me here, please point to it if you have. Anyway again I ask who is supposed to be moderating this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts