NVA Cube 2 review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
james_LR90 said:
Just to add more clarity to the review here is the full bake off thread from hi-fi subjectivist.

http://www.hifisubjectivist.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=48008

Ive just read the forum and first question that enters my head. Why are all hifi makers/sellers crazy insecure?

Basically calling darius a spy for avi. Double standards and agendas everywhere.

So now im going to call it as i see it. But first its sleep time.
Let's say, for example, that Richard Dunn of NVA were to attend an amplifier bake-off and his amplifier didn't win. How would you expect him to react? What would you expect him to say publicly on the forum through which the bake-off was organised when the results of the bake-off were announced?

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
james_LR90 said:
Just to add more clarity to the review here is the full bake off thread from hi-fi subjectivist.

I've read the thread, and I think it's very sad how Darius is treated there. Then again, I guess the same would happen (with less four-lettre-words maybe) on other manufacturer driven forums (AVI, Naim, Harbeth, B&O, ...). It's where the fans get together, after all. No?

EDIT: having said that, I'm still curious to hear a NVA setup for myself. But I suppose it would be difficult since I live in Belgium... Oh, and my wife might damage me if I bring on more hifi gear in the near future!

orbscure

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
DocG said:
james_LR90 said:

I've read the thread, and I think it's very sad how Darius is treated there. Then again, I guess the same would happen (with less four-lettre-words maybe) on other manufacturer driven forums (AVI, Naim, Harbeth, B&O, ...). It's where the fans get together, after all. No?

EDIT: having said that, I'm still curious to hear a NVA setup for myself. But I suppose it would be difficult since I live in Belgium... Oh, and my wife might damage me if I bring on more hifi gear in the near future!

Ignoring the agenda driven rubbish in this thread masquerading as a "review" DocG, all NVA equipment bought via eBay has a 30 day no quibble returns policy (so part from upsetting the better half with the initial delivery) what do you have to lose? *biggrin*

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
abusive language etc ( that seems to be norm on HFS) would not happen on harbeth or avi forum. any one can go ahead and check..

nva value? the sort of sound nva selling on ebay (?!?) is on pair with panasonic boom boxes curently at currys for £199 ( £99 on sale and about £49 second hand on ebay - natural nva's market place)

chop this on half and the infamous nva sound will emerge with the opening big bass solo

41Uc%2Blx2PTL.jpg

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
lindsayt said:
Andrewjvt said:
james_LR90 said:

Ive just read the forum and first question that enters my head. Why are all hifi makers/sellers crazy insecure?

Basically calling darius a spy for avi. Double standards and agendas everywhere.

Let's say, for example, that Richard Dunn of NVA were to attend an amplifier bake-off and his amplifier didn't win. How would you expect him to react? What would you expect him to say publicly on the forum through which the bake-off was organised when the results of the bake-off were announced?

He said in beginning that bad review welcome. Then after said it was a conspiracy against nva. Come on all lovers of certain hifi are crazy and unrealistic. Its like you have to have sides - one for and one against.

Loses all credibility and all other facts down the drain as its all biased bs now.

james_LR90

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
To show just how suspicious the review by Darius seems to be, here is another thread about a bake off that happened recently. I'm not out to get at Darius and he may have genuinely simply not liked the NVA he had but his negativity seems too over the top.

http://www.hifisubjectivist.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=48015

Vector

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Personally, I thought the review lacked credibility but it was accepted by Richard Dunn. It was another forum member who kicked off. Some even tried to rein him in. It was when the packing issue was raised that things got personal.

We can all draw our own conclusions but at the end of the day Darius is happy with AVI and NVA Cube owners are happy with their choice. Nobody has to agree here. It's ok to differ.

nvahifi

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
lindsayt said:
Andrewjvt said:
james_LR90 said:

He said in beginning that bad review welcome. Then after said it was a conspiracy against nva. Come on all lovers of certain hifi are crazy and unrealistic. Its like you have to have sides - one for and one against.

Loses all credibility and all other facts down the drain as its all biased bs now.

This forum is a pain in the arse to use or I am just not used to its ways, anyway I hope I can point to the point I wish to make. It is said above "Then after said it was a conspiracy against nva" Where did I say that.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
nvahifi said:
Andrewjvt said:
lindsayt said:
Andrewjvt said:
james_LR90 said:

This forum is a pain in the arse to use or I am just not used to its ways, anyway I hope I can point to the point I wish to make. It is said above "Then after said it was a conspiracy against nva" Where did I say that.

Its somewhere in amongst all the 100 posts of ranting
You never used the word 'conspiracy' or 'spy' but did question his motives as not honest

And thats my interpretation.

You guys iver on the nva forum have a go at the avi forum but from what ive read your members are crazy and insulting

nvahifi

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Where are my 100 posts of ranting I can't seem to find them either. So are you now saying that I didn't say that there was a conspiracy against nva but maybe you think I intimated it, is that what you are saying.

Just trying to get some reality into this trip into la-la land.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
nvahifi said:
Where are my 100 posts of ranting I can't seem to find them either. So are you now saying that I didn't say that there was a conspiracy against nva but maybe you think I intimated it, is that what you are saying.

You said you did not trust his intentions of the review near the end. Stop playing stupid

Theres loads of rude insulting posts to sift through and i know what i read.
Im not sad enough to search and copy/paste it here

Why dint you clarify how you reponded to his review near the end of the thread

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
nvahifi said:

You said you did not trust his intentions of the review near the end. Stop playing stupid

Theres loads of rude insulting posts to sift through and i know what i read.
Im not sad enough to search and copy/paste it here

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I hope you don't mind when I compare Cubes with Panasonic? there's nothing wrong to be compared to multi milion and succesful panasonic especially when sound quality is similar; they also glue anything they can ( cost cutting) and they seems to know how to move relatively small cone in order to get rumble bad ass bass... with one difference: currys, tesco and pc world sell equivalents for 1/10th of the price.
ps. car boot sales are worth to have a look in order to get bad ass bass shaking deal. happy hunting sunshine *kiss2*

nvahifi

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
nvahifi said:

Theres loads of rude insulting posts to sift through and i know what i read. Im not sad enough to search and copy/paste it here

So if you can't show it are you admiting to being mistaken or are you a liar!

I challenged with an obvious maybe to try and smoke out the serpent. It is all explained in the thread if you have the intelligence to read it and understand it. Which would save me wasting my time here.

And if you haven't noticed the thread hasn't ended, I presume there are still many games that have to played out. My response to the review is the same at the beginning of the thread at HFS up to where the stupidity has presently reached.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
lpv said:
nvahifi said:
are you a liar!

if you have the intelligence to read it and understand it.

stay cool everyone as Richard Dunn is warming up

Im going to have to weed that thread out and copy / paste

One of my pet hates.

Let me check my calendar for really boring tedius to do list

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts