Number of Subs.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
A lot will depend on what we're testing; remember, we use price-comparable kit to test with, as well as our reference set-ups.

You can see more about our reference kit here, including pictures of our twin-sub set-up in our lead AV test room.

A

Anonymous

Good evening Clare

I have had the pleasure of seeing your dem room, when I met with Andy Kerr a few months ago.

Had hoped to get the feedback from other members as well, thank you for your reply though.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sure they'll be along soon.
emotion-2.gif
Come on everyone, don't be shy!

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew

Multiple subs are not only used for Home Theatre, but can of course work very well in stereo replay.

I have spent a lot of time, experimenting with multiple subs, and understand that it is not for everyone, however I feel two subs gives a more even frequency response throughout the room.

It is of course only my opinion........

A

Anonymous

I have a RSW12 in a 5m x 5m room, and yes it blows my socks off, but I would like a nice little sub on the otherside of the room to even things out.

Might look at the cheap BK gemini as that seems to have the best reviews for 200.00

And maybe If I have two subs, and can lower things as it might even things out.

Again maybe its me talking garbage.. LOL but would mind testing it TBH

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:OK, just the one sub here, but then most of the time I'm listening to music, not imploding death-stars.

No-one can hear any star (death variety or otherwise) imploding or exploding in space. No matter how many subwoofers are employed.

Ok, sorry about that. Carry on. Just a nerdy moment.

A

Anonymous

chebby:
Andrew Everard:OK, just the one sub here, but then most of the time I'm listening to music, not imploding death-stars.

No-one can hear any star (death variety or otherwise) imploding or exploding in space. No matter how many subwoofers are employed.

Ah yes but in space no one can hear you scream.

A

Anonymous

just the one here its a wharfdale sw150 in a 20' x 10' room it doe's the job but im still trying to geot it sounding good and rattling the sofa

A

Anonymous

sta99y:If I only have the one RCA jack output for one sub how would or could I use two??

You can either use a Y-connector as super says or some subs have line in and line out connections which allow you to pass-through the signal, daisy-chaining the subs.

There is a technical white paper on the use of multiple subwoofers available on the Harman International website (www.harman.com).

The general conclusion there is that four subs is optimum for driving a room but that nearly as good a result can be achived by using two.

A

Anonymous

What hi-fi gave BK gemini 4 stars at 200.00 is there a better sub for the same price or cheaper?

I am going to give it a go.

A

Anonymous

Canada16

I would only ever recommend two subs if they are identical units, I would not mix and match.

A

Anonymous

Cant afford another 300.00 for a RSW12.
emotion-6.gif

I thought with bass, it did not really matter?

A

Anonymous

They do generate their own signature, put it this way, you wound never have two different front L/R speakers

A

Anonymous

Well there goes my two sub Idea.

Will have to stick to 2 subs at subway, as cant afford another RSW12.

Thanks anyway

A

Anonymous

You do have a very good sub, in your RSW12.

All the best.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Gary Mardell:sta99y:If I only have the one RCA jack output for one sub how would or could I use two??

You can either use a Y-connector as super says or some subs have line in and line out connections which allow you to pass-through the signal, daisy-chaining the subs.

There is a technical white paper on the use of multiple subwoofers available on the Harman International website (www.harman.com).

The general conclusion there is that four subs is optimum for driving a room but that nearly as good a result can be achived by using two.
I use Kef eggs which has left/right phono and a bunch of terminals I guess which is highpass?? Not seen a pass thru thingy!!

A

Anonymous

super:Well i agree, that's why i'm waiting for my second M&K MX-350 sub to arrive any day now.
That makes two of us then Super

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chebby:No-one can hear any star (death variety or otherwise) imploding or exploding in space. No matter how many subwoofers are employed.

Note to self: remind JD about that automatic (cardigan voice) 'I think you'll find...' to be inserted at the start of every chebbypost

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts