Noise Cancelling Headphones.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help![H]

Can anyone offer any advice on a nice comfy set, not too large and good noise cancelling?? I've been looking at the AKG K480NC's, Sennheiser PXC300, Audio Technica ATH-ANC1's as my budget is under £150. If anyone else has any other offerings (pardon the bad pun) then im all ears... [:|]

A

Anonymous

Hi, I only have experience of the PXC300s. Bought a pair a few years ago, small, comfortable, excellent sound and quite good noise cancellation on airplanes which is where I use mine.

Had my bag stolen last year and missed them so much that I have bought another pair, although now they are difficult to find because they have been discontinued.

Ultimately their noise cancellation is limited by being on-ear, for maximum noise cancellation over-ear is a must, but for me the light weight and comfort of the PXC300 was what I wanted. Some don't like the separate battery/electronics module but for me this is appreciated because it makes the phones lighter and I wear them on 10 hour flights.

idc

Runner up in a recent WHF group test to the far more expensive Bose QC-15, and forum favourite, is the Goldring NS1000. You can get them off Play.com for £60 or so. The work with NR on and as isolating headphones when NR is off. Not all noise reduction headphones will do that. the sound is clear, detailed and has a nice, but not overpowering bass/dynamic to it. they do leak more noise that you would expect and the join at the folding part can creak, but other than that, highly recommended.

TRENDING THREADS