Noise Cancelling Headphones.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help![H]

Can anyone offer any advice on a nice comfy set, not too large and good noise cancelling?? I've been looking at the AKG K480NC's, Sennheiser PXC300, Audio Technica ATH-ANC1's as my budget is under £150. If anyone else has any other offerings (pardon the bad pun) then im all ears... [:|]

A

Anonymous

Hi, I only have experience of the PXC300s. Bought a pair a few years ago, small, comfortable, excellent sound and quite good noise cancellation on airplanes which is where I use mine.

Had my bag stolen last year and missed them so much that I have bought another pair, although now they are difficult to find because they have been discontinued.

Ultimately their noise cancellation is limited by being on-ear, for maximum noise cancellation over-ear is a must, but for me the light weight and comfort of the PXC300 was what I wanted. Some don't like the separate battery/electronics module but for me this is appreciated because it makes the phones lighter and I wear them on 10 hour flights.

idc

Runner up in a recent WHF group test to the far more expensive Bose QC-15, and forum favourite, is the Goldring NS1000. You can get them off Play.com for £60 or so. The work with NR on and as isolating headphones when NR is off. Not all noise reduction headphones will do that. the sound is clear, detailed and has a nice, but not overpowering bass/dynamic to it. they do leak more noise that you would expect and the join at the folding part can creak, but other than that, highly recommended.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts