NO SUBSCRIPTION NO RECORD

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
i just wanna say how i thought sky who let you keep their HD box after the (12 month term) fail to mention that it will not record after this period what a waste!!!

is this the same with virgin too?

daveh75

tvspecv:

i just wanna say how i thought sky who let you keep their HD box after the (12 month term)They're are not letting you keep "their box".It's your box,you own it.tvspecv:fail to mention that it will not record after this period what a waste!!!Sky do mention that a minimum subscription is required for the "+ facilities" to work. It's written in the T&C's, which of course you would have/should have read when you signed up.

A

Anonymous

and if you record something off say sky movies or sky sports and then later stop paying for that package it won't let you view it.

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
always in the small print!

should have looked carefully

its like buying a camera phone on contract and then at the end they say right you cant take any more pictures!!!
emotion-50.gif

A

Anonymous

I stopped subscribing to SKY+, and all the TV packages in September 2007....

Just over 2 years later, my SKY+ is being used to watch all the 'free' channels, and still records, pauses live TV etc etc etc...

Think I might just be lucky eh?!

daveh75

peetbarker:
Think I might just be lucky eh?!

I'd say so,

though it may just be that your box was switched off when Sky have sent the "kill signal" or they forgot to send it,though unlikely.....

However,your luck is about to run out,as Sky have upgraded the encryption/are replacing viewing card's with shiny new "white cards" and all the old "blue with yellow house" cards are being killed off.

Which means when not only will you lose the + feature's, but also access to Channel5,Fiver,Fiver+1,Five USA,Five USA+1 and Sky 3 as they are encrypted.

A

Anonymous

Great news....

Was thinking of upgrading to HD anyway, although as ever the headline monthly charge gives you just about nothing....

Let's see how long it takes until the old card dies..

daveh75

peetbarker:Great news....

Let's see how long it takes until the old card dies.The blue card's were all originally meant to be killed by end of sept,but i'm told its now december/new year.

I'm in the same boat myself using an ex-subscription blue card for access to 4HD and the others i mentioned above so the longer Sky take the better for me.

Though you can buy a Freesat from Sky(FSFS) card for £20 to get back access of those channels, but i begrudge paying Sky a penny these days, and in your case it wouldn't get the recording facility's back.

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
tvspecv:

is this the same with virgin too?

No, with Virgin, you don't get the box at all, it is always the property of uncle Richard and he just lends it to you whilst you remain a loyal subject
emotion-5.gif
- the up side is that if it breaks, Mr benevolant just sends one of his johnnies round with a replacement (which recently happened to me I might add)

A

Anonymous

I'm amazed no one has found a way around getting the hard drive reactivated yet...

The technology baffles me, and I'm normally good with these things!

TRENDING THREADS