No sound spill wanted

6and8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for suggestions for a pair of headphones that won't leak sound. They're for when, say, the missus and I are both on the sofa, she wants to watch TV and I want to listen to some music. I have a pair of Grados that I sometimes use with my main hifi system (in another room) but they leak too much sound. Serious listening is not the criteria, these headphones are going to be used with a Marantz M-CR610 streamer / CD player, and while I want decent sound quality no sound leakage is the primary criteria. Headphones are not my strong point so all help appreciated. I'm setting a budget of around £50 but if that's too low then I can go to £50 - £100.

insider9

If portability is an added benefit I'd suggest AKG Y50. If you only care for headphones for home use AKG K92 would achive what you're trying to do rather well. Both at £50 and very well reviewed.

6and8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that. No, these are for home use only. Richer Sounds are doing the Y50s for about 50 quid, they don't stock the K92s. They also suggested the K550s, (£109), which look like the sort of ear defenders building site workers use. My local Audio T tried to be helpful but didn't stock anything under £169!

Gray

(But you ain't wrong with your insult)

Like insider9, I suggest the K92. You may have also seen good reviews on the K52 and K72 of that AKG range.

If the 92's are anything like as good as the K550s (and reviews suggest they may be)

they'd be worth a try. Any of the above will lose the spill for sure.

K92 were £39 in Amazon. Yesterday £42, today £47, tomorrow?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts