No exposure fans in uk?

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Nobody in uk or Whf is talking about the Exposure amps, cd , dac etc. Is it bad value or just because they are not so good in marketing etc.

Never seen a review from Whf about the 2010 s2 or 3010s2. I own the exposure 3010s2 amp + 2010 dac together with the Pmc twenty 22.

Could we ever see a review in Whf?

I picked the Exposure above the Arcam a38, Moon i1, Primare i32 and Naim xs

The only amps I liked better are Naim Superuniti and some valve amps.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I know nothing about them sorry to say.

However, your question got me Googling them and I found it amusing that - of all their past products they could have featured - they chose instead to illustrate their 'Archive' page with...

...a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze BR2s.

Odd.

Sorry to go OT.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We certainly used to review Exposure products many years ago, but we haven't had any review samples for quite a while now. We reported on their latest products at the Bristol Show in February. Clickety

poldo said:
Nobody in uk or Whf is talking about the Exposure amps, cd , dac etc. Is it bad value or just because they are not so good in marketing etc.

Never seen a review from Whf about the 2010 s2 or 3010s2. I own the exposure 3010s2 amp + 2010 dac together with the Pmc twenty 22.

Could we ever see a review in Whf?

I picked the Exposure above the Arcam a38, Moon i1, Primare i32 and Naim xs

The only amps I liked better are Naim Superuniti and some valve amps.

I'm a huge fan of their CD 2010S. The only other product I've heard is the 2010S amp in a dealer.

Exposure are only a fairly small company based on the south coast.

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Andy Clough said:
We certainly used to review Exposure products many years ago, but we haven't had any review samples for quite a while now. We reported on their latest products at the Bristol Show in February. Clickety

Maybe you should give Tony a call if he want to supply some demo material :rockout: , It would be nice to read a review about the 2010s2 DAC , 2010s2 amp & 3010s2 amp.

rocketride

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I am a huge Exposure fan. IMHO Exposure is the best what British audio can offer in the price range.

Much better than Naim, Roksan etc.

2010s2 CD/Amp combo was 5star rated in HiFi Choice and have got "group test winner" mark.

There is a link on their website http://www.exposurehifi.com/ where you can download the "HiFi World" review for the new 1010 series. Five star for sound quality again! :dance:

Tony, you are the man! :clap:

psound

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I'm from Indonesia & a very satisfied Exposure 2010S integrated amp-user.

I’m using the 2010S to drive my Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom. I like the 2010S very much: neutral, good tonal balance, transparent, excellent rhythmic & dynamic, holographic soundstage, very involving & really musical. Not a lot of features though, no balance control, no tone control. Still, I give it an absolute recommendation.

Before purchased the 2010S, I have auditioned several integrated amps: Cayin A50T (tube), NAD C372, Rotel RA06, Creek Evolution & Audio Analogue Puccini Settanta. I wholeheartedly chose the 2010S over all these amps.

The 2010S has been reviewed with great results too :

1. Stereophile : has been listed on Recommended Component class A - integrated amp (with lowest price in the category) for several years. Review : http://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/1105exposure

2. Favourable review by 6moons.com : http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/exposure/exposure.html

Cheers

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Had a demo of the 2010s2 dac last week which gave a short review here and much prefered it to the other dacs I heard it with, had a hugely enjoyable sonic character and was one of those components I just wanted to keep listening to.

Was also a very well made solid bit of kit felt much more substantial, which it is, than equivalent products from rega, audiolab.

I also enquired Exposure if it was still in production as had read and heard it had been discontinued and Exposure replied very quickly saying it is still being made and there are plans for a new dac but not for quite some time.

I would urge anyone in the market for a dac in the £500-1000 price bracket to give it a listen, I can see many will say there are 'better' ones out there but to my taste it was much more musically engaging than the competition.

The harder problem is actually finding one , they do not have the number of dealers that some other brands enjoy but their products certainly require more, errrr........exposure. :oops:

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Seeing as this old thread has been revived... yes, I'm a fan too, but most of the true die-hard exposure fans are to be found on two other forums... and most of the reviews for exposure gear are found in another magazine (mentioned above). 'Tis true that exposure have never been very good at self promotion (irrespective of who's been running the company), and as I understand it, most of the equipment they make these days is exported.

'Tis a great shame that a credible British hi-fi company ironically named exposure actually gets very little exposure indeed!

tifosi20002008

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi all.

I Have an exposure 2010s cd player and it is stunning. Mated to my Creek Evolution 2 amp and usher S520 speakers it delivers a fanstastic sound, right across the board. BUY BUY BUY!!!!!! :bounce:

I would love the hear their dac I'm sure its brilliant just like the rest of their range.

Keep on rocking :rockout:

Lowfold

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I agree it does seem that Exposure products get very little coverage.

I recently had problems with my old MF a200 amp and replaced it with an Exposure2010S amp and matching CD player (which replaced my Rotel and QED Digit combo).

The upgrade has been great and it has rekindled my interst in music and hifi. The products are well made and sound great once they have warmed up, (it needs 30mins before they sound at their best).

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Lowfold said:
I agree it does seem that Exposure products get very little coverage.

I recently had problems with my old MF a200 amp and replaced it with an Exposure2010S amp and matching CD player (which replaced my Rotel and QED Digit combo).

The upgrade has been great and it has rekindled my interst in music and hifi. The products are well made and sound great once they have warmed up, (it needs 30mins before they sound at their best).

I am in the market for a CD player to go with my Spendor A3 and Arcam 38. How would you describe the tonal balance of the Exposure?

Paul

So aha

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Strange to see "no Exposure fans in Uk" as a header.

I have been using a Exposure 15 with moving coil phono imput since 1992 ! This is the non "super" version.

It is a early serial number unit.

Ok it's only 40 watts p/c but is plenty powerfull enough for my requirements.

I have during the passage of time Auditioned other amps but I don't exactly know why but have not settled on one.

They are all the usual suspects...Roksan/Naim/Arcam/Cyrus and Exposure Supers. They are all goods amps but none seem to hit the spot like the 15 does.The 15 has been used almost daily since purchase and has never missed a beat in its life.I guess I'll have until it dies!I have upgraded all my source units and speakers during this time but still happily remain with the 15.Reasons for buying the 15 in the first place.....the overall sound seduced me, all the previous amps I owned were subject to the vageries of electrical supply. We all know how crap it make your system sound at times. The 15 does not suffer the same problems.

Guess I'm an Exposure fan in the Uk.

So aha said:
Strange to see "no Exposure fans in Uk" as a header.

I have been using a Exposure 15 with moving coil phono imput since 1992 ! This is the non "super" version.

It is a early serial number unit.

Ok it's only 40 watts p/c but is plenty powerfull enough for my requirements.

I have during the passage of time Auditioned other amps but I don't exactly know why but have not settled on one.

They are all the usual suspects...Roksan/Naim/Arcam/Cyrus and Exposure Supers. They are all goods amps but none seem to hit the spot like the 15 does.The 15 has been used almost daily since purchase and has never missed a beat in its life.I guess I'll have until it dies!I have upgraded all my source units and speakers during this time but still happily remain with the 15.Reasons for buying the 15 in the first place.....the overall sound seduced me, all the previous amps I owned were subject to the vageries of electrical supply. We all know how crap it make your system sound at times. The 15 does not suffer the same problems.

Guess I'm an Exposure fan in the Uk.

Welcome to the madhouse...

This thread is practically a year since the last post.

However, there are plenty of Exposure fans, but sadly the company lacks dealers. That was one issue I had.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Just doing my weekly check up here and saw this thread revived.

Since my last comment I bought Exposure RC 25 to replace my NAD C370 and found a huge improvement.
The NAD had loads of power but felt a bit bombastic to my tastes which is what I thought I wanted ,I never grew to love it and didn't really have a driving desire to listen to it.

Based on limited listening and various write ups I got the Exposure for just over £200 and I love it, I use it cuurently with a turntable and rblink.

It seems to bounce and flow with music whereas the NAD just shouted, the bass has a far more rounded sound . There seems to be more finesse and detail and a fabulous soundstage with far better organisation and seperation is vastly improved.

My itch has gone and it is a great match to my opinion with the Ariston, my next issue could be my speakers, they are a bit bright and the Exposure is a bit brighter than the NAD, i sometimes feel it might get a bit harsh but have yet to there, maybe it just goes to the limit without going over.

Anyway a great amp from Exposure, I am a convert, I also like the look of it compared to the NAD.

Just my opinion of course, hope to get the NAD onto ebay soon .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts