New Yamaha receiver models

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I had an email from Yamaha USA this morning announcing the launch of x65 receivers. A couple of them have two sub out sockets for 7.2 surround. Anyone know when they'll be coming to the UK? Here's the link:

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/newproducts.html?CTID=5010120 

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We have covered these before on the forums. I believe we have a briefing from Yamaha in the next couple of weeks to discuss the new receivers for this year.

A

Anonymous

Do you know if they're planning in introducing any new higher end (V1900 / V3900 / Z7 / Z11 type) models this year?ÿ

A

Anonymous

Andrew,

Do you get paid to chase away new members? I just thought that, since you seem to know about these new models already, you might have heard something on the grapevine about the higher end ones as well. I had a good search around the forum and couldn't find any mention of these models. Not a problem though.

A

Anonymous

You have to understand that Andrew and the rest of the team represent What Hi-Fi and have to be careful in giving out info that could later be found to be inaccurate.

A

Anonymous

Hopefully they will step up production with the new models, I have given up waiting for the Yamaha DSP-AX763.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
beaverme:Andrew,

Do you get paid to chase away new members? I just thought that, since you seem to know about these new models already, you might have heard something on the grapevine about the higher end ones as well. I had a good search around the forum and couldn't find any mention of these models. Not a problem though.

All we know is that models originally referred to have been announced in the States. Beyond that we have no information on other models, whether the ones announced in the States will come here, whether some of them will turn into amplifiers instead of receivers and whether there'll be any UK SE versions.

If we knew, we'd have told you by now.

A

Anonymous

I'm not a gambling man, but I'm almost willing to wager money that the new models will start appearing before the back orders for the existing models are fulfilled.

I'm now on day 93 of my back order adventure waiting on my RX-V1900. I'm planning on having a party next week to celebrate day 100. There won't be any music, but I've got some really nice £2,000 speakers to sit drinks on. It's about all they're good for right now.

Incidentally, in Victorian times Phileas Fogg made it around the world and had time for a fortnight's holiday to recover from his exertions in the same time it has taken Yamaha to still not have a clue when my Amp will be delivered. It is due in 1-2 weeks apparently. I've run out of fingers and toes to count the number of times I've been told that...

Hi Acciesboy

I am not sure if this helps but we have a couple of Yamaha RX-V1900 (delivered recently) in stock at the moment. Of course if you wish to see the order through with your dealer than i will fully understand and respect your reasons.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:
Hi Acciesboy

I am not sure if this helps but we have a couple of Yamaha RX-V1900 (delivered recently) in stock at the moment. Of course if you wish to see the order through with your dealer than i will fully understand and respect your reasons.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft
hi musicraft , i am looking for a soundbar to go with my panny 46 inch plasma , i have been told on this site that the ysp600 is good , could you deliver that to ireland ? if so , how much in total would that cost , and , is there any new similar models out at the moment ? my budget in total is about £500 .. thanks ....

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
There is a thread covering the poor stock situation already but as has been mentioned before Yamaha are delivering stock regularly now. The 1900 and the 3900 are due to continue and will change in the second half of the year. The Z7 and the Z11 should continue on further again.

1900's and up are readily available in the market and there are several dealers on this forum including myself who support yamaha , have stock and who will be able to help you.

Nick

A

Anonymous

I appreciate this forum isn't a marketplace so don't want anyone bidding for business here! I paid £710 and I can't see anywhere I could get it for close to that price. Yes, I could get it immediately going elsewhere, but if I listen to Yamaha...I could have it in a week! Having waited so long I would be mighty upset at cancelling my order, paying more and have my order turn up at the original dealer the next day.

Plus it brings a bit of excitement into my otherwise humdrum life. For the last 92 days I've woken up every day wondering if today was going to be the day! Priceless...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Acciesboy:I appreciate this forum isn't a marketplace so don't want anyone bidding for business here!

In this context the retailers in question have done nothing to violate any house-rules.

Indeed one of them, a relative newcomer to the forum, had the courtesy to email earlier today to check whether it would be appropriate to reply to you regarding the availability of stock.

Given that they are clearly indicated as retailers, and are offering to help rather than 'bidding for business', we see no problems.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:I suggest when it gets down to specific transactions you either call or email the retailer.
sure , no problem .. i think ive found what im looking for anyway , ysp600 for £299... thanks to a helpful forum member .. job done ...

A

Anonymous

I thought I'd update the people out there hanging on the edge of their seats wondering how my order for an RX-V1900 is going...

Today is Party Day. Yes, it's 100 days since my order was placed and the update is...there's no update. Yamaha still can't confirm when my order will be fulfilled. Apparently the account manager at Yamaha has changed but there is still no confirmed delivery from them.

In the time it has taken Yamaha to not fulfill this order, I could've taken a bus from London, UK to Sydney, Australia and done over a week of sight seeing once there (http://www.oz-bus.com/itinerary-ls.html) Alexandra Burke was No 1 in the Charts with Hallelujah when I placed my order...when was the last time you heard that song on the radio? It was a decent single...I wonder how it would sound on my £2,000 Tannoy Revolution Signature speakers which are now topped with three and a half months worth of dust...but I have no amp to connect them to, so I can't answer that question just yet...

I realise there are other dealers who may have stock now, but I have paid my cash to a reputable dealer and am likely to have to pay more to source elsewhere due to the post-order price increase in January. Also why should the Yamaha approved Pre-Eminent Dealer I ordered through have to lose out on business because of Yamaha's supply chain issues?

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Acciesboy:
Today is Party Day. Yes, it's 100 days since my order was placed and the update is...there's no update. Yamaha still can't confirm when my order will be fulfilled. Apparently the account manager at Yamaha has changed but there is still no confirmed delivery from them.

Acciesboy,

Where's the party? I'll come down and celebrate! Hard luck man, but at least you got a good hard chuckle out of this guy.

Tom

A

Anonymous

Great story

You might get in time for the next president!

A

Anonymous

Latest installment...there is no update. Yamaha still have no information of when my order will be delivered. The MD of the dealer has a meeting with Yamaha on the 16th April, at which point they have promised an update to the dealer.

Today is Day 106 from point of order. According to Wikipedia, Mummy Tiger and Daddy Tiger can create a Baby Tiger in 105 days. And yet Yamaha can't ship a current model of Receiver from their factory. I can expect an update on the 17th April which is Day 116 - just enough time for a baby pig to be born. I wonder what other types of animals could be created in the time it eventually takes Yamaha to supply my receiver? Donkeys take 365 days...incidentally roughly the same time as it would take a donkey to deliver an RX-V1900 from Japan to the UK strapped to it's back. Perhaps that's how Yamaha's new improved logistics work?

I ordered before Christmas last year. There was a delay due to Chinese New Year. I'm Scottish and we take New Year Celebrations very seriously, but clearly not as seriously as the bods at Yamaha...that's a good couple of months they have been partying now. My next update will be after Easter. I ordered it in winter, now it is officially summer. Normally with consumer electronics time is measured in days, perhaps even weeks for items on back order. Do Yamaha think it is accpetable for delivery timescales to be measured in Religious Festivals, Seasons or School Terms?

We noted a flurry of activity from Yamaha some months ago saying they were air freighting units in to meet demand. Where are the spokespeople now? Busy thinking of a good excuse no doubt...given their recent displays of agility in reacting to customers, I'm not expecting a response before the next millenium...

A

Anonymous

Just got online now, I'll try and speak to you tomorrow.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts