New yamaha hd receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is the DSP-AX763 the new yamaha receiver that WHF will be reviewing to go up against the onkyo. Clare i seem to remember seeing you mention the ax563 as the one you are reviewing shortly but this one doesnt do hd sound.

The ax763 i have found is £430 (weymouth hi fi, online) and has pre-outs, decodes all hd formats and 1080p hdmi pass-through so should prove a good oponent for the onkyo 606

A

Anonymous

Interesting, yes. But only 2 HDMI in and no upscaling. Love it or hate it, the Onk beats it on paper. Bums! The DSP-AX863SE has 3 in and upscales to 1080p, but it's £750......

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
...and that's the point. This is a Group Test of @£400 surround sound amps, and the £400 Yamaha DSP-AX563 was the model Yamaha chose to supply for test!

Sure we'll get round to testing many models in the range before too long - after all, we've just had the flagship DSP-Z11 in (and absolutely storming it was, too).

A

Anonymous

im surprised they supplied the ax563 for your £400 test as they must realise that up against the 606 and new sony with hd audio there is a good chance they will come last. They could have stood a chance at least if they had supplied the ax763, could prove a bad strategie

A

Anonymous

Will any of the yamaha receivers be available in the Titanium finish? I always preferred that to black.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
All of the new Yamaha's come in black.

matt444_2000:im surprised they supplied the ax563 for your £400 test as they must realise that up against the 606 and new sony with hd audio there is a good chance they will come last. They could have stood a chance at least if they had supplied the ax763, could prove a bad strategieMaybe it says something about Yamaha's confidence in the quality of their products? The 763 certainly sounds noticeably better than the 606.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts