New wire - nad got a clue!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So i recently bought a hifi consisting of a NAD c326bee and tannoy f1 speakers. The wire i got with this was just some cheapo stuff so im thinking of getting some new wire. Dont really want to spend more than about £8 a metre on wire and im wondering how much difference the various wires can make, and if there's a certain brand that works well with my nad setup?

A

Anonymous

Hi job, some chord carnival silverscreen cable, that will do the trick

A

Anonymous

Not heard the tannoys but i liked my 320bee with QED silver anniversary cable. I think its a little more detailed/leaner than the Chord stuff, depends on how you find the rest of your kit at the moment really.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the help.

I think im gonna go for the chord carnival wire because i prefer a warmer sound. Im going to get banana clips fitted on the wire as well, is there much difference between the clips that vary in price?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Buy the cable terminated with the standard Chord Company banana plugs - they're as good as any...

chord_bananas_and_shrink_001.jpg

A

Anonymous

The chord carnival wire arrived today, but despite asking superfi for it to be cut and terminated the banana plugs and the wire arrive seperately, and i have no idea how to fit them. I dont even know how to strip the wire its so thick!

Any help much appreciated

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
bob123:

The chord carnival wire arrived today, but despite asking superfi for it to be cut and terminated the banana plugs and the wire arrive seperately, and i have no idea how to fit them. I dont even know how to strip the wire its so thick!

Any help much appreciated

Click the blue link on Mr E's post above-full info there.

A

Anonymous

Never really been a fan of chord cabling. Especially on NAD equipment

A

Anonymous

On the chord company website it says you should attach a heatshrink sleeve to the part of the cable where the outer part has been removed. Is this necessary as i dont have one of these sleeves?

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
bob123:On the chord company website it says you should attach a heatshrink sleeve to the part of the cable where the outer part has been removed. Is this necessary as i dont have one of these sleeves?

If they did not supply ,I'd call Superfi and I am sure they will sort it out.I ordered a QED silver anniversary cable with bananas yesterday at 2.00pm and got it at ten this morning with bananas attached.

Give them a call- I think their reputation is pretty good.

A

Anonymous

I rang superfi back and they said they didnt get my order of fitting the banana plugs and even if they had done they wouldnt have attached the heat shrinkable sleeve to the cable. I dont understand why chord says its necessary other than to neaten things up a bit.

http://www.chord.co.uk/images/carnival_silverscreen_term_guide.pdf

A

Anonymous

It depends on the bananas used, for example if they are screw in type you don't really need the heatshrinks, but they do look better finished if you put them on, but sometimes you need to solder your bananas to the cables, then it's better to use the heatshrinks to cover the bananas or otherwise you'll see all the solder.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts