New warm sounding speakers for the office

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Recently I've changed jobs and now I'm working at home much more often, so I was thinking to get some decent speakers for the office. I've been playing around this week and moved my LS50's to the office, but they didn't sound right. In the livingroom they have a very neutral balance, but in the office they just sounded bright and sometimes even harsh.

Since I don't plan on redecorating the office, I was planning to get some warm sounding speakers. The first speakers I thought of were the B&W 685S2 or the Q Acoustics 3050 Graphite if I strecht my budget a bit. The office is quite large so the 3050's should fit. I still have my old Technics amp lying around to hook them up to, but I plan to upgrade this sometime next year.

Any other ideas on what speakers I should but on my short-list to audition?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't know how much further your budget can stretch..

- Q Acoustics Concept 40s can be had for £750
- Sonus Faber Toy Towers.

For a Standmount, the R100s might work (less revealing and more forgiving than LS50s).

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Sonus Faber Toys (bookshelf) with your existing amplifier (or whatever you change it to)

Yamaha NX-N500 Musicast powered speakers (does just about everything)

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
tino said:
Sonus Faber Toys (bookshelf) with your existing amplifier (or whatever you change it to)

Are the Sonus Faber still available? And aren't they over budget?

gasolin said:
tube amp or boston a26 might not be as good as kef LS50 but can compete with q acoustics 2020i/concept 20 that some surgested

The LS50's are great speakers, but they just don't work in that room. The Boston/Q Acoustics or others might just sound beter in the office than the KEF's (to my ears at least) ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts