Amp for Rubicon 6

dantekh

Nov 29, 2023
Visit site
So, the question is amp and speakers matching.

Now I am looking forward to Rubicon 6. I have Marantz pm 6006, which was working with sold Oberon 5.

I'm thinking about Arcam A25, but actually I don't need DAC or streamer. Only the integrated amplifier. So the second option I'm considering is Roksan k3. What could you advice? Maybe I should consider nad c 3050 as well. But I prefer devices as analogue as possible.

Now I am looking forward to Rubicon 6. I have Marantz pm 6006, which was working with sold Oberon 5.

I'm thinking about Arcam A25, but actually I don't need DAC or streamer. Only the integrated amplifier. So the second option I'm considering is Roksan k3. What could you advice? Maybe I should consider nad c 3050 as well. But I prefer devices as analogue as possible.
Depending on the cost the Roksan would be a good choice

Reactions: aversaurus

dantekh

Nov 29, 2023
Visit site
Do you mean the NAD or the Arcam?
I guess it depends on what sources you intend to use. As you said if you don't need streaming you can forget the NAD.
I have no experience with either if these but have owned the Roksan.
I mean roskan and Arcam. NAD could get even cheaper.

I use beaglebone black with puredsd firmware and DIY DAC - Firdac Mini, great dac from local developer well known for his DACs and amps for headphones.

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site

I have the Rubicon six with a NAD digital amp, M23 power amp before that the M32 integrated, I more than happy with using digital amps and would recommend them. But, and theres always a but.

They sound different from traditional A/B class amps. Better in my opinion, worse in others so you really have to listen to both.

The next but is, assuming you live in the UK, RS have the Roskan for £899 if you join the VIP club.

Your best bet is to try and demo the Roskan at RS against the CA Evo 150 that would give you an idea of A/B compared to the Hypex Ncore digital amps used by NAD.

They carry Dali Rubicon so that makes it a bit easier

Reactions: nopiano
I have the Rubicon six with a NAD digital amp, M23 power amp before that the M32 integrated, I more than happy with using digital amps and would recommend them. But, and theres always a but.

They sound different from traditional A/B class amps. Better in my opinion, worse in others so you really have to listen to both.

The next but is, assuming you live in the UK, RS have the Roskan for £899 if you join the VIP club.

Your best bet is to try and demo the Roskan at RS against the CA Evo 150 that would give you an idea of A/B compared to the Hypex Ncore digital amps used by NAD.

They carry Dali Rubicon so that makes it a bit easier
I think assuming he lives in the UK is just that, an assumption.
We have people from all over now.

dantekh

Nov 29, 2023
Visit site
I'm from Ukraine. I can get good enough discounts from local dealer. So i would avoid the special offers from your local market, only focusing on the amp qualities and matching.

Reactions: James105

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts