New turntable

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gasolin

Automatic antiskating,no bias slider on the intro and planar 1 but on the rega queen there is + the RP1 atlest thats what rega say about the rp1 but pictures show theres isn't any bias slider

A slightly lighter platter are the main difference between Planar 1 and Intro. Otherwise, the player is almost identical to the best budget turntable on the market!

intro should be compatible with the performance upgrade pack (cartridge,belt and mat)

I don't know how they can make it sell it so much cheaper than the Rega Planar 1, the difference in retail price is a little under 20%., The intro i bought for 3/5 of the price of the planer 1 1500 vs 2500 of my currency

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 108165

That's a bit on the heavy side, most carts recommended operational VTF is between 1.5-2.0g.

gasolin

Fist impression

Clear midrange, good bass, the highs are not to loud intrusive (good for rock), no unsually noise, with my reloop i lowered the arm at it went down fast and skipped a little, rega intro smooth as butter :hearteyes: (sooo nice)

Doesn't look like a million and looks stupid since i had to put something under the right front feet (white), speed isn't 100% stable,heavy phone on a light platter? (android speed app, nothing noticeable when listening to music, mabye i need to upgrade the belt ?)

Pros: sound, price,butter smooth arm when i lower it, silent, simple look,easy to set up (counter weight all the in it's within the 2 and 3gram recommended tracking force (between 2.5 and 2.7 gram), easy to upgrade stylus

Cons: doesn't look like a million,speed isn't 100% stable with android app (phone on the platter), looks stupid when i had to put someting under the right foot to balance,level it (white,not a fault,con by rega), light platter, might not have the most detailed sound

You can get a 30-40 year rega planar 3 used for 200 euros or a new rega planer intro for the same price with warrenty and you know it hasn't been used for 30-40 year.

I only have 33.33 rpm records so i didn't list the manual speed (change positioning of the belt) as a con, since i don't use it.

It doesn't try to be something it isn't, it's just a good sounding turntable for not alot of money

Music used: Tracy Chapman Tracy Chapman (a few songs) Focus At the rainbow (both sides)

Update RPM Speed & woow for android and my phone on top of my nobsound record weight (under 200gr) speed 33.21rpm, stable speed,low woow is better than 33.33 rpm and high woow

Upgrade? which one (i so the video the whole time without sound listening to a record)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aZJnEje6RI

What i notice most is that the rega intro compared to my reloop (a little heavier and dd) has a more lively sound

gasolin

D

Deleted member 108165

If you are looking at upgrades for the deck already then you bought the wrong deck my friend.

Hanpin decks have more boogie factor but worse build quality. My Pioneer has the same issue as your Reloop with the cueing lever - it's too fast, (it's just a Hanpin deck with a Pioneer badge on it).

gasolin

I tried the turntable, i walked normally in my living room (not the best floor)
vibrations got in the turntable DESPITE having a turntable shelf :fearscream:

WTF: dealer thats normal you could buy decopling feet,rega shelf

A new rega shelf over £100, feet i don't know, might cost the same.

I sent it back, my reloop 2000mk2 is 100% fine no vibration problems.

What i noticed going back to my old turntable is the highs are smoother BUT according to this video the sony and especially the rega are better, the pro ject looses to the 2 other turntables because of the highs

The Pro-ject carbon uses a om 10 in the silver version and despite that it looses to the other turntables.

It made me notice the highs are smooth on my om10 but might not have so much sparkle in the highs and no it's not just using tone controls, the stock cartridge is much darker sounding than the om10

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuuOgT0XBK0

D

Deleted member 108165

Maybe the Rega was just too light build quality for your purpose and the Reloop is more substantial.

You should have kept your Rega Queen deck. If you want hi-fi then get a hi-fi deck. Project and Rega make hi-fi decks, Reloop and Sony don't, but some people are happy with them and that's what it's all about... contentment.

Reactions: Dom

faser4444

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit DC is the most expsensive but comes with a 2M-pink cartridge and a better motor than the non dc model and it stil has an acrylic platter and cheap turntable , best distinction to the carbon sb dc is that it does not have a velocity boox so that you want manually exchange pace, in case you need to.

JamesX

Jan 5, 2021
Visit site
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit DC is the most expsensive but comes with a 2M-pink cartridge and a better motor than the non dc model and it stil has an acrylic platter and cheap turntable , best distinction to the carbon sb dc is that it does not have a velocity boox so that you want manually exchange pace, in case you need to.
Just checked out your list of cheap turntables but honestly there are many more cheaper turntables that are available in the market. The thing is that, newcomers don't do research for them and just buy one with good reviews which leads them losing their money often. I recommend people to purchase a turntable after considering all the key elements.

My advice: make sure the vinyl record player you buy has a magnetic cartridge. Cheaper record players (usually the one with a built-in speaker) usually have a ceramic cartridge. They sound acceptable, but if you want to truly experience high-fidelity vinyl, buy one with a magnetic cartridge. The cheaper ceramic cartridges are for children and people who want to play an occasional record they get at a garage sale. They also wear out your records over time. Vinyl records these days are very expensive, so buy one with a magnetic cartridge.

Buy a component turntable, one that you connect to an amplifier. If you live in the United States, you should be able to buy one for $100. If you decide to persevere with the hobby, then you can upgrade to a more expensive turntable with anti-skate control and so on (the AV Design Haus Dereneville VPM 2010–1 costs $650,000, which gives you an idea of how much some people are willing to pay in the pursuit of the purest sound).

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts