New to Home-Cinema - Budget £2000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am new to the world of Home-Cinema - I'm a avid Hi-Fi man, and I wish to integrate a projector and DVD player into my current hi-fi system. This comprises of an Arcam FMJ A32 amplifier, an Arcam CD73T CD player, Wharfedale EVO2 30 speakers (stereo pair) and a Project Debut III turntable. I wish to add to this a projector around the £1300-1400 mark, a screen that comes down from the roof and a Blu-ray DVD player. The projector's maximum distance from screen would be around 13ft. Also, this may sound stupid, but wouldn't I need quite a long cable from the projector to the DVD player...and do projectors have tuners in them? Many thanks!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yes, you'll need a long cable from the sources to the projector. This makes a good case therefore to get a decent AV amp which can accept all the sources you have and output them via one HDMI cable to the projector. Some have 2 HDMI outs so you can output to a normal TV as well, but if yours doesn't, you can buy a switch box which will do this. If it can upscale these as well, all the better!

Most projectors don't have tuners of any kind in them, so you would need a separate box if you wanted to watch TV on your projector as well. For your budget, check out the InFocus IN78 or the Planar PD7010.

nads

Contary to the Hats comment you do not need an AV amp. all you need to do is connect the BR player to the stereo amp with some interconnects and then run a suitable cable to the projector. all you will be able to watch on the big screen is movies from disc and ou will be listening in Stereo at all times no fancy HD surround sound.....

A

Anonymous

Ah, right...I think I may go for the new panasonic projector that has just come out - seems really nice and in the April WHFS&V it is rated really highly! My only problem is, I am going to need quite a long HDMI cable from the blu-ray DVD player to the projector (rougly 6m worth)...will this degrade quality? And I really don't want to spend more than £80 on cable...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="professorhat"]How's this? 7m of cable for £76.50.[/quote]

Thanks professor, I will defiently go for it...now all I got to do, is find an electric screen to come down from the roof!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts