new subwoofer help

hardcore_gamer29

Aug 26, 2024
Visit site
My room size is 11x11 not acoustically treated and is basically my bedroom. I want sub for both mocvies and music. I heard ported be bad for music? I have limited space and can only put on right front corner wall where tv unit is. Brands preferred being svs dali ascendo. I have shortlisted so far SVS PB 1000 PRO PB 2000 PRO SB 3000 . pB 2000 PRO AND SB 3000 has price difference of only 9000 INR. Or any other brand you suggest but must be available in india.
My avr is denon x4800h
front speakers: dali opticon 2 mk2
AND YES I WANT GOOD BASS AT LOWER VOLUMES THIS IS THE MAIN THING. AND I HAVE TINNITUS TOO.

Any of the SVS models are a good choice as they are experts in the field. The SB version are sealed box, if I remember the labelling, and therefore PB the ported box.

Their website has a useful matching guide and info on setup, so I recommend reading that through. I would choose the sealed version if I had to buy blind.

Obviously it’s impossible for us to know how this might affect your tinnitus. Good luck!

Reactions: hardcore_gamer29

hardcore_gamer29

Aug 26, 2024
Visit site
Any of the SVS models are a good choice as they are experts in the field. The SB version are sealed box, if I remember the labelling, and therefore PB the ported box.

Their website has a useful matching guide and info on setup, so I recommend reading that through. I would choose the sealed version if I had to buy blind.

Obviously it’s impossible for us to know how this might affect your tinnitus. Good luck!
room is only 11X11 also its a bedroom not dedicated ht room. I want room filling bass not loud bass the bass we can feel. so ported or sealed? also 2000 will be overkill for 11x11 room?

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
It might be overkill (PB-2000) but you can always turn a powerful sub down, you can't make an underpowered one perform at higher levels.

I have a PB-3000 in my lounge after upgrading from an SB-3000, but I wanted room shaking bass which I have now in the lower 18-25hz range.

That being said I think an SB-2000 is likely to give you what you need.

hardcore_gamer29

Aug 26, 2024
Visit site
It might be overkill (PB-2000) but you can always turn a powerful sub down, you can't make an underpowered one perform at higher levels.

I have a PB-3000 in my lounge after upgrading from an SB-3000, but I wanted room shaking bass which I have now in the lower 18-25hz range.

That being said I think an SB-2000 is likely to give you what you need.
pb 2000 pro comes with 2 port plugs foam which we can insert to convert to sealed? no?

room is only 11X11 also its a bedroom not dedicated ht room. I want room filling bass not loud bass the bass we can feel. so ported or sealed? also 2000 will be overkill for 11x11 room?
See what the SVS site suggests. As said above, you can turn it down! Better subs go deeper so if you can afford a SB2000 that would be a good bet.

11 by 11 what? Feet? If so, then a reasonable space for system. 🙂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts