New Squeezebox Duet and snazzy controller

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Don't know if people are aware of this yet but the most interesting thing to me is the remote control which is SB3 compatible. A real rival to Sonus's if you ask me. Hope it's not toooooo expensive because I want one.. http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/01/06/ces_logitech_launches_sueezebox_duet/

A

Anonymous

This sounds great however

a) It's currently not available even though the internet articles mention availability in January

b) This seems priced similar to the Sonos so why would you purchase this

It doesn't offer devices which contain an in built amp as far as I can see so not as good as Sonos in some respects.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

A

Anonymous

Well then that does certainly sound much better than Sonos. Has anyone seen any reviewers of this product as I've yet to see anything?

On a more general question to everyone then does anyone know of good amplifiers you can pair a squeeze box with e.g. one I could put in my modest size bedrooom / bath room e.t.c.

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
It's a pity the new version still doesn't support NAS, I was hoping the new version will support NAS so I don't have to keep my PC on all the time for runing slimserver.

A

Anonymous

I believe that the new server software "Squeezecenter v7" is being finalised by Logitech prior to final shipping of the units and that this will probably be ported over to run on NAS units such as those from QNAP, Buffalo (Linkstations), etc.. by the very talented Squeezebox user community - see www.slimdevices.com and the community / forums pages for more information.

I've been following the Squeezebox development for a long time now and have been waiting for them to release a SONOS type controller at affordable prices - so we're nearly there now! I just hope the quality of the Duet range is as good as the quality of the Squeezebox 3 which has always been so well reviewed (Wolfson DAC now vs Burr Brown on the SB3)...

A question to the WHF team though - when will they be able to review it - do they have access to an advanced release ?!!!

Cheers

G

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts