new speakers

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I am evaluating to buy new speakers for my sistem. the options I have in mind are;

PMC FACT 8

ATC SMC 50

GRYPHON MOJO

MAGICO S1

AUDIO PHYSIC SCORPIO 25

To be amplificated with a Gryphon Diablo.

any experience wiht some of this speakers?

kr

Eduardo

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
ebentjerodt said:
Hi there,

I am evaluating to buy new speakers for my sistem. the options I have in mind are;

PMC FACT 8

ATC SMC 50

GRYPHON MOJO

MAGICO S1

AUDIO PHYSIC SCORPIO 25

To be amplificated with a Gryphon Diablo.

any experience wiht some of this speakers?

kr

Eduardo

None whatsoever I'm afraid. Some pretty high end contenders there though.

I would expect there to be good synergy with the Gryphons

and the Magico are supposed to be a bit special.

Mac

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Macspur is right - that is a list of very good speakers and a very highly-rated amp.

I've only ever listened to the Magicos driven by Soulutions amps and I thought the sound was very neutral and clean with nothing added or taken away. Very impressive and transparent. I wasn't too thrilled with the appearance though - a bit too industrial for me.

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
yes, I was also very impress with the magico speakers, I heard the Magico V2 and S5 with and Accuphase pre amp C2810 and A-65 amp, really one of the best combination I ever heard. really top class.

we also have a wold premier in Chile wiht the first Solution integrated amp 530 on the market! I have not heard it but the review of the owner was really encouraging! ;-)

so far I am also very impress wiht the PMC fact 8. really liked the sound (amazing soundsatge and holagrafic imagen) and also I really liked the look. so far is on top of my list but have to hear the ATC SCM 50 and the Scorpio. Sonus faber also arrive to chile so I will aslo hear some of they models.

kr

Eduardo

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
ebentjerodt said:
so far I am also very impress wiht the PMC fact 8. really liked the sound (amazing soundsatge and holagrafic imagen) and also I really liked the look. so far is on top of my list but have to hear the ATC SCM 50 and the Scorpio. Sonus faber also arrive to chile so I will aslo hear some of they models.

kr

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

I recently auditioned the Fact 8s, in comparison to the Martin Logan Ethos. Front end was an Accuphase CDP and integrated (don't remember the type). Even though the Ethos was - give or take - double the price of the PMC, it was far better value for money to me. The sound was so much more open and dynamic. If ML is available in Chile and you can stretch your budget, they are certainly worth a listen!

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi docG, thank you for the recomendation. I think we do not have ML in Chile but it is alway possible to import it form a distributor close to us. I take a look to the speakers and they look realy nice, the problem is that I still have small kids so this could be very dangerous and expensive!!

any other speakers you can recomend me?

kr

Eduardo

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
ebentjerodt said:
Hi docG, thank you for the recomendation. I think we do not have ML in Chile but it is alway possible to import it form a distributor close to us. I take a look to the speakers and they look realy nice, the problem is that I still have small kids so this could be very dangerous and expensive!!

any other speakers you can recomend me?

kr

Eduardo

Dangerous to the kids, you mean? I don't think so. The speakers are high voltage but very low current (see MartinLogan's FAQ section: http://www.martinlogan.com/learn/faq-electrostatic.php#19). Or maybe you mean dangerous for the speakers... Well... I don't know your kids ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts