New Sky HD EPG

Douglas9

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
Can't help with your question, I'm afraid, as I'm still waiting even for the envelope but I'd be interested to know which make and number of HD box they now seem to have reached. Many thanks.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
beaverme:So I got my black envelope in the post on Monday. When can I expect to get the new EPG?

Out of interest which model number is your box?
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

I checked it Tuesday morning and again today. No change yet, unfortunately.

I'll look up the version number later.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Yikes. I don't know if I've got the patience to wait until next week. I just got through forcing a firmware update but got the SD EPG again.ÿ

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
beaverme:So I got my black envelope in the post on Monday. When can I expect to get the new EPG?Same here Beaverme, got mine Monday but still not on yet.

Im like a kid on xmas morning checking to see if its arrived & when it hasnt im gutted for at least an hour afterwards ha So sad really...

Douglas9

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
Those still waiting patiently may be interested to know that my HD box (Thomson 3006 )received the new EPG overnight (just got the black envelope yesterday! ).

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Well my balck envelope was there on the doormat when I got home yesterday (also have 3006 box) checked this morning and still old EPG so maybe it will update tonight??
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

For the log
Received my envelope this Monday and received new EPG late last night or early today the 23rd it wasnt there early last night on the 22nd so the idea that there was some gap until the 28th is not true.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Like i stated previously i got my black envelope Monday & i got the new EPG this morning, so it was obviously downloaded overnight.

I must say its very flash ! Very easy to use etc im not sure but the picture quality seems abit better, dont know if its my eyes decieving me or not? Anyone else noticed this?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Still waiting for the download, having had the black letter for a few days now is making the waiting to see if the new epg has arrived over night almost unbearible
emotion-9.gif

ukgthor

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
I've not received the black envelope that eveyone is talking about, but I did get in last night from a bit of twilight golf to find the new EPG on my Sky HD box.

It looks OK, but early days yet. I've noticed two issues with mine though:

1. I can seem to turn off the indicator on the front of the box. I have gone into the options and set if to 'off', but the blue light still spins round when playing content (highly annoying !).

2. The red button doesn't work on BBC for me (I haven't tried it on the other channels), although it worked before I left for work yesterday.

Anyone else have these problems ?

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
I got my envelope at the beginning of the week and turned on the box this morning to EPG newness. Got ITV HD added n' all already. Bring on Champions League action!

A

Anonymous

I have just got my new epg, and although I dont have those particular problems I do have a problem with viewing live and recorded programs, Since I got the epg a few days ago some of my recordings or live viewings have a coloured bar to the left and right of the picture, I watched E.R which I recorded off of more4 and whilst viewing it, there was a blue bar from top to bottom of the screen on the left and right side of the picture, I am now watching snooker on bbc1 , and the bars are still there only black this time, its as if the picture doesnt match the screen size, but it always worked on the old guide, I have checked my settings and everything appears normal, any advice would be much appreciated, I am viewing on a Sony 46w4500,

A

Anonymous

Douglas9:Can't help with your question, I'm afraid, as I'm still waiting even for the envelope but I'd be interested to know which make and number of HD box they now seem to have reached. Many thanks.

ÿ

It's a Thomson 4E3006.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Just got the black envelope today so fingers crossed the new epg is on its way seems as though thursday night/friday morning is when it downloads.Hopefully sooner.

A

Anonymous

just got my black book.All hoping for tonights update!!!

thomson model 4E3007 just over a year old.

A

Anonymous

Guys - do you need the phone line attached? I've moved my telly too far away from the phone line, so I'm guessing it's needs to be plugged in to get the downloaded epg?

daveh75

Hipster:Guys - do you need the phone line attached? I've moved my telly too far away from the phone line, so I'm guessing it's needs to be plugged in to get the downloaded epg?Firmware updates are done OTA via satellite........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts