Freesat ceasing broadcasts of Channel 4?

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
According to my epg channel guide, there are no broadcasts from C4, E4, 4more, Film 4 etc. on Freesat as from July 16th.
I've searched everywhere, including the Freesat web site, but can find no information about this.
Does anyone know what's going on?

Tinman1952

According to my epg channel guide, there are no broadcasts from C4, E4, 4more, Film 4 etc. on Freesat as from July 16th.
I've searched everywhere, including the Freesat web site, but can find no information about this.
Enter your postcode to see what's currently available in your region...

jjbomber

Humax have discontinued all of their Freesat boxes. Maybe the writing is on the wall for Freesat?

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Humax have discontinued all of their Freesat boxes. Maybe the writing is on the wall for Freesat?
No doubt many users changed to Freesat when their Sky contracts finished. The already installed dish could be used with Freesat boxes. If these channels are missing it is a blow to Freesat users where Freeview reception is not possible or ideal.

Reactions: Gray

daveh75

Channel 4 isn't leaving Freesat.

EPG issues can happen from time to time, that is all

daveh75

Thanks. Erm..........are you sure though? How do you know this?
I think you're right anyway. It seems the epg for C4 etc. is currently only showing up to 5 days ahead, rather than the usual 7.

Because last July Freesat merged with Digital UK.

Digital UK is the company that's responsible for managing Freeview, and is a joint venture between BBC, ITV, C4 and C5.

So C4 essentially now has a stake in Freesat...

Also the reason C4 HD finally returned to Freesat last year.

I've previously bought specific (Panasonic) models for that reason 👍
Yes, I did the same a few years back with a Samsung. But our new LG has both, and our local Freeview here in the Brecon Beacons National Park only provides the main channels, no Gold, Drama, Sky News etc.

Thinking about a dish, therefore, even though I hate the look.

TRENDING THREADS