New setup, budget around £5500-£6000

asif

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone, just wanted a bit of advice as this is my first venture into a home cinema setup. My budget is around £5500-£6000 and i was considering the new pioneer lx5090 plasma, an onkyo 875 amp with the mt-30 speaker package. i want a style speaker package as the setup will be in the lounge and was wondering would the m1 satellites be ok run by the 875? For the bluray Im considering the new pioneer lx71 blueray player as its supposed to be out in august Theres also the pioneer lx71 reciever due around august, im not sure wether to wait for that or go with the onkyo 875. For the cables i was going to follow the award winners, the chord company silver+ for the hdmi connections and the qed silver anniversary xt for the speakers. Main use for the tv will be, dvds,bluray discs,ps3 for gaming and freeview for a spot of tv. Any info will be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
asif:Hi everyone, just wanted a bit of advice as this is my first venture into a home cinema setup. My budget is around £5500-£6000 and i was considering the new pioneer lx5090 plasma, an onkyo 875 amp with the mt-30 speaker package. i want a style speaker package as the setup will be in the lounge and was wondering would the m1 satellites be ok run by the 875? For the bluray Im considering the new pioneer lx71 blueray player as its supposed to be out in august Theres also the pioneer lx71 reciever due around august, im not sure wether to wait for that or go with the onkyo 875. For the cables i was going to follow the award winners, the chord company silver+ for the hdmi connections and the qed silver anniversary xt for the speakers. Main use for the tv will be, dvds,bluray discs,ps3 for gaming and freeview for a spot of tv. Any info will be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone. All sounds good to me - I would get the Pioneer receiver as it can't be that much worse (might even be better) than the 875 and it would be a shame to be one box away from a whole set of Pioneers!

nigpd

Nov 18, 2006
Visit site
I had the same decisions to make as you a couple of months ago but not quite the budget. I couldnt stretch to the Pioneer plasma so got a 46PZ85. I bought a Pioneer VSX-LX70 receiver, Pioneer DV-LX50 DVD player and the MT-30 speaker package.

I could have got a blu-ray player (BD30 say) but I too am waiting for the BDP-LX71 due out in a couple of months bacause a) it's going to be a belter and b) as mentioned above, it will go perfectly with the rest of my set up.

I too would say go for the Pioneer amp because it will be an improvement on the LX70 and that is a great amp already. The MT-30 system sounds excellent with it. I used QED silver anniversary for the fronts and silver micro for the rear speakers (on stands) as the little poppets are a bit fiddly to wire up.

Whatever way you go with the receiver, its going to be a great set up. Enjoy it.

asif

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the input, i'll hand on till august and audition the lot with the onkyo 875 and the new pioneer reciever. the pioneer upscales to but a bit of fuss was made with the upscaler chipin the 875. thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts