New Set-Up, Opinions please!

thfc100

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
Dear All, I would be grateful for some advice on my new proposed system that I will shortly be purchasing.

I have decided on the screen, Pioneer LX5090, and the speakers Kef 3005SE, and will be keeping my exisitng Blu-Ray Player, a Panasonic BD50. However, I am having difficulty settling on a receiver! Ideally I would like to keep with a Pioneer to take advantage of the Kuro link as the receiver will be housed in a cupboard which basically limits the choice to two options, either the LX51 or the 71.

I am trying to get demos of both receivers with the Kefs but not having much luck. Shops are either unwilling to wire up the system, or don't have the receivers in stock and will therefore not specifically order a receiver for me to demo in case I subsequently decide not to purchase and they are stuck with a receiver that has been opened and tested.

Whilst I will keep trying to find a place that will let me demo, I would be interested in people's opinions as to which receiver I should go for. I am slightly concerned that the 51 only has 3 HDMI inputs, but would the 71 be overkill for the KEFs? I am struggling to justify the additional £400 just for an extra HDMI input.

Help please!!

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Where are you? I know that tlcbroadcast.co.uk stock Pioneer and Kef and they're pretty helpful chaps there so should be able to advise. If you're buying blind without a demo and using online opinion, only you can make the final decision as to whether an extra HDMI input is worth £400!

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
If you are not getting the service pre-sale what chance have you got post sale. I would keep looking for a dealer who can help you. The Kefs are very popular as are the Pioneer amplifiers so you shouldn't have too much trouble. If you do decide to buy without a demonstration the LX71 is a much better machine and well worth the extra over the 51. The ICE power modules totally change the sound and it is not overkill for the KEFs at all.

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts