New Quad Vena

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
There is the budgie cage ...

Budgie cage

And the matter of 12 Watts per channel. (Professor Sacchetti you give us too much power!)

No built-in DAC so ... separates again.

Hi-fi shops are bad places. I always try and get in and out of mine as fast as is polite.

But they stuck it by the door (!) and I could suddenly see and smell the old telly* - from when I was a child - with it's back off and the tv repair man changing the valves. I could see the dead radiogram's timbers on the bonfire and the box of old valves and autochanger innards in the garage. Very evocative stuff. I can see why some middle-aged men go misty eyed over them.

* Cut two pieces of hardboard to about the size of a slice of bread and toast them on the lowest setting. Additionally get some really thin wire and pass 30 amps through it for that whiff of baking insulation. Add some warm beeswax polish and that's what british rental TVs of the 1960s and 70s smelt like.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
Umm... 12 Watts per channel ?
It should be enough with the AX-2s...90 dB Sensitivity and a min amp power of 7W

IMO. It's a system that would be hard to beat for sheer musical enjoyment, unless big bucks were involved. I'd take it over many systems that cost a lot more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts