New Quad Lite 2 Monitor Audio Radius 90HD or the Old 90 with ASW12?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has auditioned the new Quad Lite 2? I am trying to decide if it is worth jumping to buy a Monitor Audio R90 ASW12 kit at the reduced price £900 +- or stick out for the new Radius 90 or 270HD? (£400-700 more)

I also keep thinking about the new Quad Lite 2 package at about £900, Has anyone auditioned them yet?

I will possibly pair with Yamaha 863, Onkyo 806 or Sony STR2400 for cinema and some music, but not a lover of heavy base with music.

Ideas Please

Regards

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I am a big fan of the old Quad L-ite package, having bought it in the spring at the end of line bargain price. ÿOne advantage is that you can also easily upgrade to larger speakers in the Quad L range or add a new pair of fronts and go 7.1. ÿThe sub has received excellent reviews itself, but I am personally most impressed with the abilities of the centre speaker - clear and unforced at all times. ÿDialogue is reproduced superbly. ÿThe quality of finish is a thing of wonder!

There has just been one review of the L-ite2s - in the current edition of a rival mag! ÿIt was extremely positive, as you might imagine.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that regarding the Quads, I missed the deal back last year by being too slow and have regreted it ever since. I have not been able to find any reviews of the Quad Lite 2. Could I ask what amp you are using for the original Quad Lite?

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I snapped up one of the Yamaha 3800s when they were going 'cheap' this autumn (bargain hunting again!) and I'm delighted with the overall result. ÿAs I understand it, the 3800 sounds almost the same as the 1900s/3900s that are now flavour of the month! ÿI did treat myself to some lovely black 12Ls to use as the front pair in a 7.1 configuration, however.

ÿ

ÿ

Messiah

As for the Monitor Audio Radius, I have just bought a pair of the R90HD for use as rears and have been running them in by using them as fronts. They certainly sound good for such a tiny (but gorgeous and well made) speaker. Bass is very light though but as a surround package that is where the sub comes in!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts