New Panasonic TH42PX70

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help!! I have just switched on my new panasonic TH42PX70 for the first time and I am finding that the image on SD broadcasts through a Sky HD box via hdmi are quite jerky. Will this improve as the set "warms up" over time or is it a fault. The instore demos of this same model seemed to be ok on SD.

JP

A

Anonymous

xheight, check the settings on your sky box make sure its outputting to 720p, go into skys settings and also pressing the i button will show what the input is, sometimes you will have the sky set to 520 and scart/rgb set, it to hdmi. if not then as i have same set and use virgin v+ box(underated) and it upscales all my channels to 720p then its a faulty set.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Hello xheight, I too bought one of these Panasonic TH42PX70's which arrived yesterday. I got it all set up and our SD feed is through Virgin..... the picture is superb. Different set-up from yours though so I do not know if it's a fault or not ? I'd imagine it's a set-up fault if anything.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank any and all input from you guys on whether or not to buy an LCD or a Plasma, especially Clare cos' she helped me to take a look into the plasma world of panels and boy was she right. This picture is awesome with movies and sport and pretty much impresive with anything else too. DVD's are magic and the sound is pretty full as well though I do also have the Tannoy Arena speaker system......brilliant, thanks again all.

A

Anonymous

Alantigger well said thats what the panasonics are good at deep blacks, great contrast add up to a fantastic pic, the virgin v+ box is very under rated and if it had the same HD content as Sky it would blow it away remember it has 3 tuners.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts