New panasonic plasma

vonchief

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi,Hope someone can help.

My panasonic pwd6 has been damaged by my 5 year old and I'm looking for a replacement.

I'm not overly impressed with picture quality in the shops but don't know if its just the way there set up.

Does anyone know if the panasonic 42px80 would be a downgrade from what I've got ? I mainly watch SD and have dismissed 1080 sets for this reason.(more scaling making picture quality worse).Is this right ?

Any advice would be most welcome.

A

Anonymous

I don't think the px80 would be a downgrade, things have changed a lot in 5 years. And yes stick with a 720p plasma for SD viewing.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
vonchief:
I'm not overly impressed with picture quality in the shops but don't know if its just the way there set up.

Invariably, yes. Display sets in-store are usually fed on a splitter from the main aerial feed which is split between numerous TVs, often resulting in a weak signal, and the screens themselves are set with excessively high brightness and contrast to stand out in the shop.

As a result I've seen many first-rate TVs tested by us look dreadful in the shops.

vonchief

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the help.I actually went to buy the 42px80 but was so disappointed in the freeview quality i decided to do a bit more research.I did get to play with the settings but still no good.It probably is down to the shops using splitters but i couldn't part with my money when the picture quality was no where near to what i already have.Maybe using an external freeview box like i use now would improve things?

My other concern is whether i should go for another display only plasma,or are they actually no better than the normal sets.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts