"TX-P42X10 720p Resolution;
Over 900 Lines of MovingResolution,
600Hz Sub-field Drive;
VIERA Image Viewer(TM); VIERA ink(TM);
AR Filter; Game Mode;
3 HDMI inputs;
Contrast Ratio Native 30,000:1
Infinite Black Panel"

Taken from the USA announcements. They had a Game mode last year, UK didnt.

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
Gald to hear they're keeping the 37" model. I think it would've been madness to get rid of it personally but the rumours seem to be there every year.

A

Anonymous

professorhat:

I'm not sure I like the idea of "Infinite Black"...Marketing Hype. I think it's just when the screen is totally black. Before the pixels were in "pre-discharge" state, which is not totally black. But the actual contrast has improved. 40,000:1 for the 1080p sets.

avnut

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
as i am in the market for a new 50 inch screen are these direct replacemements for the pz80 series? if so why are they considerably cheaper?

A

Anonymous

X series are HD Ready Plasma, the Z series are Full HD plasmas.Hence the price difference.

A

Anonymous

avnut:

the original thread quotes the x50 as full hd

The X series is definitely 720p. All other series are Full HD 1080p.

The P42X10 (or X1 as it is the USA and Japan) is the replacement for the 42PX80. They have changed the numbering system, going back to 10 instead of going to 90 for 2009.

A

Anonymous

rewerb:avnut:

the original thread quotes the x50 as full hd

The X series is definitely 720p. All other series are Full HD 1080p.

The P42X10 (or X1 as it is the USA and Japan) is the replacement for the 42PX80. They have changed the numbering system, going back to 10 instead of going to 90 for 2009.

On this occasion I'm afraid logic is out of the window. Not only do these plasma models begin TX and not TH but also the 50" is definitely 1080p (this detail sent to us by Panasonic UK) as opposed to the 720p of the 37" and 42" versions. We have all 3 models on order and they are due into us in 2-3 weeks.

Bazzy

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I was really hoping this year Panasonic would do something about theÿatheisticÿappeal of their sets - it's not like they cannot see how other brands look so much better than most of their line ups do - the G, S & X series are just plain ugly imho - theÿusualÿdrab and dull stuff from 2008 which has just been slightly tweaked - Panasonic really do need to get a decent set of designers in!ÿ

Bazzy!ÿ

A

Anonymous

Bazzy:

Hi,

I was really hoping this year Panasonic would do something about the atheistic appeal of their sets - it's not like they cannot see how other brands look so much better than most of their line ups do - the G, S & X series are just plain ugly imho - the usual drab and dull stuff from 2008 which has just been slightly tweaked - Panasonic really do need to get a decent set of designers in!

Bazzy!

According to Panasonic, they design their sets to appeal to a younger age group while trying not to alienate older buyers. Bit of an old-fashioned way of looking at things if you ask me.

A

Anonymous

Hi, Is there any new on the replacement for the 42PZ800? Was going to purchase very soon but this anouncement has made me wait to see the spec on the new model.

A

Anonymous

Understandable - but I was wondering when the 42PZ800 replacement was due as it will affect the price of the current model - also interested as I still have a SONY 36" CRT so this is my first dabble into the world of LCD / PLasma and didn't want to purchase something that was old before ots time

Bazzy

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I really hope they offer the V10 in a 46" & 42" for the UK/European markets - what are the chances?

ÿ

Bazzy!ÿ

ÿÿ

A

Anonymous

Just when I thought it was safe to part with some cash..

Was gonna buy 42pz80.Or do I bide my time...comments guys?

A

Anonymous

Richard O.:Any news on the other models in the 2009 line up?They are all announced in the USA, but we dont always get exactly the same spec.models in the UK.

EDITED BY MODS - HOUSE RULES

A

Anonymous

Bazzy:

Hi,

I really hope they offer the V10 in a 46" & 42" for the UK/European markets - what are the chances?

Panasonic Japan have announced the new Z, V and G series 1080p plasmas, as seen at the CES show in January.

Top of the range Z series comes as TH-P46Z1, 50Z1 and 54Z1.

V series is the TH-P42V1, 46V1 and 50V1

G series is TH-P42G1, 46G1 and 50G1.

No sign of the entry level 1080p S series yet.

V and G series available 1st March here:-
Translated version of http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20090203/pana3.htm

Z series available April 20th here Translated version of http://www.panasonic.co.jp/corp/news/official.data/data.dir/jn090203-1/jn090203-1.html

TRENDING THREADS