New or interesting products for 2012

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
acalex said:
It looks fantastic but for 6k eur you get 10W pure class A zero feedback...I must hear these amps before I make any decision. Need to plan a trip to my home country and demo some of those nice objects... :)

with the right speakers 10W is really all you need :). just take a look at the first picture in the link which Tino pasted. it's all down to speaker sensitivity and your listening preferences.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
oldric_naubhoff said:
acalex said:
It looks fantastic but for 6k eur you get 10W pure class A zero feedback...I must hear these amps before I make any decision. Need to plan a trip to my home country and demo some of those nice objects... :)

with the right speakers 10W is really all you need :). just take a look at the first picture in the link which Tino pasted. it's all down to speaker sensitivity and your listening preferences.

Ok ok you convinced me :grin:

I must listen to the whole Pathos lot before making my decision...that's going to happen in January!

A

Anonymous

tino said:
I'll start the ball rolling ... I recently stumbled upon the Wyred4Sound website where they are looking to introduce a tiny 100W per channel Class D amplifier with built in DAC and analogue inputs (no phono though). Given that the company has a very good reputation for DACs, this looks like it could give similar type products like the Bel Canto C5i a run for their money. The price looks "reasonable" when quoted in US dollars. They also have a picture of a matching media server but not much other info about it. And then there's a little 3.5" square uDAC which looks cute and for which they claim will have very good performance for the size.

The UK price of the Wyred 4 Sound Server is £1499 inclusive of VAT and stuff. W4S Server Lowdown here >

The two little 3.5" uDACs are £349 and £425 >

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
item_audio said:
tino said:
I'll start the ball rolling ... I recently stumbled upon the Wyred4Sound website where they are looking to introduce a tiny 100W per channel Class D amplifier with built in DAC and analogue inputs (no phono though). Given that the company has a very good reputation for DACs, this looks like it could give similar type products like the Bel Canto C5i a run for their money. The price looks "reasonable" when quoted in US dollars. They also have a picture of a matching media server but not much other info about it. And then there's a little 3.5" square uDAC which looks cute and for which they claim will have very good performance for the size.

The UK price of the Wyred 4 Sound Server is £1499 inclusive of VAT and stuff. W4S Server Lowdown here >

Nice to see them in the UK. Am particularly interested in what the amplifier (£1299) sounds like. Do you have a demo sample, or are you expecting them in Jan/Feb 2012?

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
item_audio said:
tino said:

On this forum if you are trade you must show that in your signature.

A

Anonymous

Sorry - first post! Tried to be transparent with the name . . . I'll add something suitable in the profile.

A

Anonymous

We have the whole range available for free home demonstration: servers expected in the next couple of weeks.

A

Anonymous

Ah.

'Re'-read was a bit optimistic, actually . . .

Got it now: no links, etc. Signature updated. The poster seemed unaware that W4S products are available in the UK, which means that, as the distributor, we're not doing enough to let people know. Clare - Perhaps we should have a word privately about doing something 'official' with What HiFi?

All the best,

Mark

crang

Feb 17, 2008
Visit site
Sorry but I thought poster made clear in sig? It does state trade member? Is that not a clue anyway I got that he was in the trade!???

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
item_audio said:
The poster seemed unaware that W4S products are available in the UK, which means that, as the distributor, we're not doing enough to let people know. Clare - Perhaps we should have a word privately about doing something 'official' with What HiFi?

Welcome Mark ... I actually did know about your company from some time ago when I was looking for DACs / Wadia Power DAC. Noticed you had Wyred4Sound, but wasn't aware that the new products (mINT and Network Player) were going to make it over to the UK any time soon, since they have only just tentatively gone on sale in the US. Thanks for the info.

A

Anonymous

To be fair, Wyred 4 Sound has only just published details specs of the mInt and Music Server: we had them on pre-order the moment we were told about them! In the States, there is no 'listen first' policy, and they operate a flat restocking fee. However, many of their worldwide resellers keep demonstrators handy for this purpose. The EU Distance Selling Regulations empower UK and European customers much more in this regard than in America.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts