New iPod Classic

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was just wondering if anybody knows when we should be seeing the new 160GB Classic in shops in the UK. I have looked on the apple store (UK version), but it costs £190 and I can't find it on any other website. I would get it from apple but if I wait until shops have it, it won't cost as much.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Oh, I think the price will be pretty consistent everywhere
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Amazon in the UK are usually a few pounds cheaper, but no more than a fiver. AFAIK there is as not a lot of dealer margin on an iPod.

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
No sign of the new size iPod Classic at Apple HQ this morning. We should be getting one on Monday, so seems to be a slight supply delay there. We do have the new nano and Touch, which are being tested right now.

manicm

I'm gonna stir here and say shoot this dog down. Possibly the worst sounding iPod, and horrid, slow interface if my Classic 120 was anything to go by - and I flogged it not soon enough.

If Apple really cared they'd throw back in the Wolfson DAC, overhaul the OS and market a new iPod Audiophile edition - maybe Steve Jobs, for all his other virtues, is tone-deaf.

Which is why I'm getting a 64GB touch and just deal with the fact that I'd only get in about 100 uncompressed albums - I can live with this for now.

A

Anonymous

I look forward to seeing the first look Clare, I have held on for some time now just incase they did decide to bring out a new Classic and they did, now I only have to hope it is worth the wait.

Also, do you think it would be worth having a look at importing a Zune HD from the US? I know you weren't really big fans of the Zune but the new HD looks very nice and should bring a bit of competition to Touch (which in my opinion is a bit of a rip-off owning one myself). I am only really bothered about the sound quality of the Zune (any MP3 plaer in fact) but am not sure if it will be able to beat the classic/touch. I recall a review on the Zune some time ago even though it was not available in the UK, maybe the same will happen for the Zune HD?
emotion-1.gif

manicm

Darren Henderson:

I look forward to seeing the first look Clare, I have held on for some time now just incase they did decide to bring out a new Classic and they did, now I only have to hope it is worth the wait.

Also, do you think it would be worth having a look at importing a Zune HD from the US? I know you weren't really big fans of the Zune but the new HD looks very nice and should bring a bit of competition to Touch (which in my opinion is a bit of a rip-off owning one myself). I am only really bothered about the sound quality of the Zune (any MP3 plaer in fact) but am not sure if it will be able to beat the classic/touch. I recall a review on the Zune some time ago even though it was not available in the UK, maybe the same will happen for the Zune HD?
emotion-1.gif

Darren, I can almost guarantee you the Zune will sound better than the Classic, the Touch I don't know but it's probably the best sounding iPod with the Nano.

But alas Microsoft are not releasing the Zune HD out of USA, so you may get one but remember it will be unsupported and you may not get all benefits.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts